Quantcast

TurkeyTurds Day

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
Watching some of the “Centrum Silver” class practice at the BMX Grands this evening.

These dudes are still quick. Envious.

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
beats football

if I never had a bad case of bmx dad I might be on that right now
No offense to those who enjoy it, but sportsball was never really my thing.

I got back into it (BMX) in my mid 30’s and it was great but other things got in the way. I have a couple good/great tracks nearby. Perhaps through liquidation of a bunch of unneeded crap around here…a pitiful return?

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
No offense to those who enjoy it, but sportsball was never really my thing.

I got back into it (BMX) in my mid 30’s and it was great but other things got in the way. I have a couple good/great tracks nearby. Perhaps through liquidation of a bunch of unneeded crap around here…a pitiful return?
that track in rock hill is pretty dang sweet. took my kid for a demo day there and they let me ride my nomad on it :rofl:

watched my buddy will murray race there a bunch, including at worlds a few years back. dude was highly ranked as a kid and is still a beast on a bike. he can also never ride dh, just pop into a race at windrock for a day of practice, enter in the pro class, and place well.

Last edited:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Happy Thanksgiving Monkeys!!!

10.5 hour drive in just over 9. Damn. For the record, the ramen looked NOTHING like the picture, but it was damn good. That sauce. :drool:

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
that track in rock hill is pretty dang sweet. took my kid for a demo day there and they let me ride my nomad on it :rofl:

watched my buddy will murray race there a bunch, including at worlds a few years back. dude was highly ranked as a kid and is still a beast on a bike. he can also never ride dh, just pop into a race at windrock for a day of practice, enter in the pro class, and place well.
Did you ever race (BMX)?

I know Rock Hill is a UCI Track but I believe it is only half dirt (?). As an old man that yells at clouds and tells people to get off my lawn I might have issues with that but I probably need to get over it lol.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
My Brother is in jail again. My other Brother just wrapped up awful divorce and is a not participatory in life. His kids are angry about not having the finer things that their wealthy friends have. A bunch of other things.... Instead of having turkey we had Lasagna. It was pretty awesome. I didn't have to cook for ingrates this year. I stayed sober and watched football and read Power Broker about Robert Moses. It is what you make it.

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
My Brother is in jail again. My other Brother just wrapped up awful divorce and is a not participatory in life. His kids are angry about not having the finer things that their wealthy friends have. A bunch of other things.... Instead of having turkey we had Lasagna. It was pretty awesome. I didn't have to cook for ingrates this year. I stayed sober and watched football and read Power Broker about Robert Moses. It is what you make it.
So, sorry to “hear” about this. Best wishes.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Hosted a group ride in the wind today and 10 people actually showed up, including the dude who was stood up by his friends and was rocking a Kona hardtail with V brakes and semi slick commuter tires. He handled it and I hope to see him again.

Then turkey dinner at my parents - was all fine and dandy but my mom is ignoring blatantly obvious symptoms of congestive heart failure. I've got to sit down with my dad and come up with a plan to steer her in a positive direction before she's no longer with us.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Hosted a group ride in the wind today and 10 people actually showed up, including the dude who was stood up by his friends and was rocking a Kona hardtail with V brakes and semi slick commuter tires. He handled it and I hope to see him again.

Then turkey dinner at my parents - was all fine and dandy but my mom is ignoring blatantly obvious symptoms of congestive heart failure. I've got to sit down with my dad and come up with a plan to steer her in a positive direction before she's no longer with us.
I can't remember when the last time I rode with 10 people. Sometimes they can be fun.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Did you ever race (BMX)?

I know Rock Hill is a UCI Track but I believe it is only half dirt (?). As an old man that yells at clouds and tells people to get off my lawn I might have issues with that but I probably need to get over it lol.
i recall rock hill as being all paved, but maybe they changed it? they are hosting worlds again this spring.

hornet's nest, off of beattys ford road, is dirt, i believe. you have some spots down your way too?

my parents would never drive me to bmx tracks as a kid, which led me to start skating instead

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
i recall rock hill as being all paved, but maybe they changed it? they are hosting worlds again this spring.

hornet's nest, off of beattys ford road, is dirt, i believe. you have some spots down your way too?

my parents would never drive me to bmx tracks as a kid, which led me to start skating instead
The two you mentioned are the only ones I know about around here. Both seem primo though.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
LOL, I just realized, blissfully, that I didn’t hear ‘Alice’s Restaurant’ even ONCE this year. Not even on a commercial, nothing. Don’t get me wrong, it’s fun, but it’s been overplayed for decades.
Just thought I would share that.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Ate the last of the turkey for lunch. Turkey BLT's FTW. Delicious tomatoes made them. Totally taking advantage of the good tomatoes and the last of the good corn. The Potato harvest was huge this year.