Quantcast

Turn Your Loved One into Some Serious BLING!

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Woman Turns Husband's Remains Into Diamond
August 31, 2004

A Minnesota woman has honored her late husband by turning his cremated remains into a yellow diamond so she could always keep a part of him with her.

The cost for a quarter carat is about
$2,500 and goes up to $13,000 for a full
carat. The diamonds can be made into
any size.

Nancy Wodziak wanted to honor her husband Richard in a special way after he died from a brain tumor last October. So, she became the first person in the state to turn a loved one's remains into a diamond.

Wodziak received her brilliant,half-carat yellow diamond after eight months of waiting.

"This certainly seems like a neat idea as far as diamonds are forever," Bradshaw Funeral and Cremation Services spokesman Justin Bradshaw said. "Some people feel it's a neat thing and that they're glad that I told them and other people I think feel that this is not for them."

"I think that's creepy," a woman said in the report.

To create the ring, the cremated remains are heated to extreme temperatures, and then the carbon is subjected to a tremendous amount of pressure. The result is a stone identical to diamonds that develop deep within the earth over millions of years

The nitrogen in the air causes the diamonds to be yellow in color. The company says yellow diamonds also occur naturally but are very rare.

The cost for a quarter carat is about $2,500 and goes up to $13,000 for a full carat. The diamonds can be made into any size.

Life Gem offers the services and some funeral homes assist loved ones in making the arrangements.

The company also makes diamonds from the cremated remains of pets.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Skookum said:
haha people are funny...
that's like me passing a kidney stone and making a ring out of it....
that's a lovely image :dead:

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
N8 said:
The cost for a quarter carat is about $2,500 and goes up to $13,000 for a full carat. The diamonds can be made into any size.
I wonder how much of the deceased they need... do you get a 'left overs' baggie of them?

Skookum said:
haha people are funny...
that's like me passing a kidney stone and making a ring out of it....
LOL - Look honey... a sting of "pearls" for your birthday :blah:

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
Reminds me of the crappy "champagne" diamond craze, where retailers convinced people that industrial quality diamonds were somehow good enough to be paid a premium for... :rolleyes:

Maybe what they are really doing is passing off the champagne diamonds left in inventory... :p

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
haha, somehow the first thing that crossed my mind was the grade of the diamonds. and godammit, 13k for a industrial-grade-carat????????? :nope:
i´ll take 2 1qt vvs1 and use the good ol´ jar.

somehow i see in the future some rap start turning his-her dog into Iceeeeeeeeee, DMX???? maybe snoop dogg doign the same for his dad?

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
ALEXIS_DH said:
somehow i see in the future some rap start turning his-her dog into Iceeeeeeeeee, DMX???? maybe snoop dogg doign the same for his dad?
Hmmm... I wonder if some spouse of a star will use this to make money.

Selling now on Ebay - the Diamond made from Rick James!