Quantcast

Turner 5 Spot

mcgowanc

Monkey
Jan 22, 2004
Boulder CO
Any girls out there ride the Turner 5 Spot. I rode it yesterday, and am thinking I like it. But I am a little worried about the weight of the bike. I need to be able to get up the hills with some speed :)

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
mcgowanc said:
Any girls out there ride the Turner 5 Spot. I rode it yesterday, and am thinking I like it. But I am a little worried about the weight of the bike. I need to be able to get up the hills with some speed :)
I have one, just built it up last month, and I love it :love:

I was a little worried about the weight too, I ride a Buner at 25lbs. and didn't really want a 'heavier' bike. She weights in at 27.5lbs! Which I think is pretty good for a trail bike.

mcgowanc

Monkey
Jan 22, 2004
Boulder CO
excellent. You have both the burner and the 5 spot? - Would u say def go for the 5 spot? What fork did you go with? (thanks)

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
mcgowanc said:
excellent. You have both the burner and the 5 spot? - Would u say def go for the 5 spot? What fork did you go with? (thanks)
Yep, I race XC on the Buner and use the Spot for an all around trail bike. I would give the Spot two thumbs up for sure. If you are looking to reduce the weight try getting and air shock instead of the Romic coil.

I'm running the Fox Taulus RLC or something like that, the 5" new air fork they have. It's a great fork! No complaints what so ever. I was up in the air about what fork to get so I did some research on MTBR.COM.

One other note: Turner has the best customer service of any bike companies I have ever delt with. When I was buying my Burner I was worried what size frame to get because I have back issues. I call them up and talked to Dave for at least 20 minutes about frame sizing and tons of other things, half of which I didn't understand. It was really cool.

Good Luck!!!

KPicha

Velma
Aug 3, 2002
Northern, VA
Don't have a 5-Spot but I have the XCE and LOVE it! You're right, Turner's customer service is awesome. I was really stuck in trying to decide between a blowout XCE or a 5-Spot. With my considerations in mind in what I was looking for in a bike, they steered me towards the XCE b/c of its shorter TT and wheelbase, which was what I was really concerned about. They were really patient and answered allllll of my piddly questions w/o making me feel like a twit or anything.

I won't even think about getting another bike again, unless I start another discipline of riding.

You can't go wrong with a Turner!

TurnerGrl

Monkey
Aug 20, 2002
Metrowest MA
I wouldn't worry too much about the weight - Turner's ride so well that you will likely not even notice. Especially with the Romic shock. I switched from an XCE to an RFX and gained at least 10 lbs in bike weight - of course I also ended up with a 6" rear travel and 7" front with a Super T. My RFX has the Avy on it so as long as I am willing to sit and spin I find I can still climb just fine. Even out of the saddle climbing efforts work out just fine. Bottom line...you definitely can't go wrong with a Turner!