Quantcast

Turner DHR(07), ORANGE GBR 224

CondorDH

Chimp
Jan 15, 2007
Which frame would be better for me? I Travel to all the Norbas and race Jr.Expert. I currently own a Ironhorse Sunday. I love the bike but want to try something new. Which frame would be better for me? (07)DHR? Or a Orange 224?:confused:

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
Orange bikes are very difficult to get ahold of seeing as they don't have a dealer in the U.S., and the DHR is a really badass bike...

I personally wouldn't want the hassle of getting ahold of a Orange and paying all the fee's(search, there is alot about it). I would just go with the DHR, it's a really badass ride.

Cave Dweller

Monkey
May 6, 2003
DT has no stock of DHR's until September acording to his post on mtbr. Best finding a shop that has one in stock if you want one.

altix

Monkey
Feb 14, 2007
conner! its furbs =P go for the turner, i dont know if your going to like the ornage single pivot very much. and the turner rides good. also maybe check out a v10 if you can find one (they stoped making them for some reason) =] but for sure a DHR over an orange

altix

Monkey
Feb 14, 2007
oops ya...well i had to drive 6000000 hours today and im tired, BE QUITE.......turner still wins

FIXED "both are singe pivots but the turner pwnds the oranges...bum..."

CondorDH

Chimp
Jan 15, 2007
Ya I think im going to go for the dhr. Maybe even a sponsorship deal from Steve. Are you gona to be good to go for snowwmass?

Cave Dweller

Monkey
May 6, 2003
Incase you missed the post, no new DHR's until september, 2 1/2 months away unless you can find a shop that has one in stock in your size. Good luck.

turnerbikes said:
We will have more around Sept to support our down under distributers. We never strive to have DHR frames readily available as the selling season is fairly narrow.

DT

midas

Chimp
Aug 16, 2005
Vancouver, Canada
Im prob flippin my ballin 07 224 at the end of the race season if you wanna get something used since the 224 is so hard to hunt down. the distributer in canada is completely dropping them too next year so warranty is going to be a pickle too.

fred.r

Dwangus Bogans
May 9, 2006
Conner, get the Turner! You live almost local to them, Steve can always help you out. They rule and you're not going to have to deal w/ an overseas company. It would be the best of the two by a long shot.

_*sTiTcHeS*_

Monkey
Apr 24, 2006
get a norco aline park edition brah. perfect bike for you. i have a gift for this type of matchwork. trust. respect.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Im prob flippin my ballin 07 224 at the end of the race season if you wanna get something used since the 224 is so hard to hunt down. the distributer in canada is completely dropping them too next year so warranty is going to be a pickle too.
The distributor in Canada is as good as gone now. Orange is doing warranties directly, no problem. They are in the process of finding a north american wide distributor for next season hopefully.

stgil888

Monkey
Jun 16, 2004
Malibu, CA
Sounds like it will be very difficult to get either. If you're traveling to races, it can be worthwhile to stick with a major brand that will have reps (read spare parts) at the races or available quickly through a large and well established dealer network. A sweet boutique bike that you can't ride because you're missing a proprietary aluminum spacer...etc performs worse than an off-the-shelf, made in Taiwan sled. Plus, the big name manufacturer's are putting out some products that are arguably just as good.

Sorry to hijack this thread, but be practical so you can keep riding. Did you hate the IH?

DHperu

Monkey
Apr 14, 2005
Personally, my dream bike is the 224...Order a couple derailler hangers and then get a few copies machined just in case...as for the warranty...ive never heard of an orange frame braking but maybe by the time that it does brake you would have sold the frame to somebody else OR...the finally get an orange distribuitor in North America.

Threepointtwo

Monkey
Jun 21, 2002
SLC, UT
got a pic from the other side the stays?
I don't but I can get one. As you can see, the hanger is held on by one chainring bolt and then the axle threads into it. Another cool thing, no pinch bolts on the rear axle - hooray!

Not rear dropout related but you can change out the spring without taking the shock out - just one bolt. I really like this rig.

Cave Dweller

Monkey
May 6, 2003
Having the little guide tab (ala boxxer) to drop and hold your wheel in place while removing the axle is such an awesome feature, i wish everyone with thru axle frames did that.

BKQuill

Turbo Monkey
Dec 19, 2004
Rangers Lead the Way
Having the little guide tab (ala boxxer) to drop and hold your wheel in place while removing the axle is such an awesome feature, i wish everyone with thru axle frames did that.
WORD!!!

It took me a few times before I realized that my fork even had them there, I kept hold the wheel to prevent it from falling :imstupid: