Quantcast

Turner DHR '08 Rebuild

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
If you want it, I'm not gonna use it...I don't think US postal to UK is too bad.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Right so finally sent the frame to be powdercoated.
While it’s away I’m gonna drill the rear end!
But looking at it, it looks like the other DHR square tube the mount is further forward, can you drill the round tube too?

Attached some images
Are you using offset reducers?

konastab01

Turbo Monkey
Dec 7, 2004
Are you using offset reducers?
I have a pair of offset bushing but I’m undecided if they will be used and also I was looking at -1 headset but again I haven’t pulled the trigger on it so it just has a standard CK in the now

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I have a pair of offset bushing but I’m undecided if they will be used and also I was looking at -1 headset but again I haven’t pulled the trigger on it so it just has a standard CK in the now
I probably have the same ones as you (same company). Bushings are the teflon/delirin part that the reducers rotate on. The reducers will slacken the seat tube, but that's not as big a concern on a DH bike as on something you are pedaling uphill. Get the slacker headset too, that will help.

Looking back, it looks like your big decision is trying to mullet it vs just slackening it out. If you can get it anywhere near 65-64 it's probably going to be fine. Yeah, a few degrees more would be even better, but that goes back to my thoughts that a few degrees really doesn't make a big difference in the big picture. Things like wide bars so you can keep the wheel straight with the short stem, low seat in the post, etc., they all contribute a lot and the HTA isn't the end all be all.

konastab01

Turbo Monkey
Dec 7, 2004
I probably have the same ones as you (same company). Bushings are the teflon/delirin part that the reducers rotate on. The reducers will slacken the seat tube, but that's not as big a concern on a DH bike as on something you are pedaling uphill. Get the slacker headset too, that will help.

Looking back, it looks like your big decision is trying to mullet it vs just slackening it out. If you can get it anywhere near 65-64 it's probably going to be fine. Yeah, a few degrees more would be even better, but that goes back to my thoughts that a few degrees really doesn't make a big difference in the big picture. Things like wide bars so you can keep the wheel straight with the short stem, low seat in the post, etc., they all contribute a lot and the HTA isn't the end all be all.
Im not planning to mullet this one, I am with another one though.

This and the Yeti and Schwinn will be 26”