Quantcast

Turner DHR, piece of crap.

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
Man, you just don't get it. His very first post wasn't to ask for help. It was to beat the company and the product down and make it sound like a piece of crap, without even giving the company a chance to help him. Wheres the confusion? Remember, he edited his first post, so you're not reading his original post. But the post the title clearly shows his intent.

I realize its a hassle when you buy a foreign product with no real support in your country. I've owned both a Nicolai Lambda and a Nucleon. At the time there was ONE bike shop in the entire USA that was a dealer for them. And they had just taken on the line, so really they knew nothing about them. If I had a problem with the bike. I wouldn't go register on a German bike forum, make my first post be a "Lambda is a piece of Crap" and expect to get a positive response. Does that make sense to you?

The fact that its a pain because you are in another country does justify his actions. If you don't want to go thru the extra trouble of dealing with a foreign manufacturer, then why buy one? Stick with a Euro bike or deal with the headache.

It's not even that big a deal. As I see by the op's last post, he got in touch with Turner, no problem and they are helping him out. Amazing what a little direct contact will do for you.

And yes calling him "ignorant" was the right word. It means a lack of knowledge. It's not a derogatory term.

As far as not helping him. I would have been more then happy to; had he asked respectfully for it in his first post. While he did have a line in there asking a question, almost the entire post was ORIGINALLY a rant against Turner. So if you read my posts in that context, maybe you'll understand my point of view better.
In my experience calling Turner has been a waste of time. Only because it was always busy.....I've had better luck with email and i've had to call them ALOT.

He made a bad post and went back and corrected it. Also he just bought a brand new frame that keeps sh*tting the bed on him. Wonder why he's upset....?.....and he might be even a kid who has more growing to do.....

Guys like you who go off need to gear down too. You defend Turner like he's your blood. Their stuff isn't perfect by a long shot.....i've bought stuff from Turner that was a complete headache. Multiple linkages snapping from being too weak, frames cracking and CRAP bearings. Sure they stand behind but it's still a fruggin pain in the assss to deal with. Waiting for parts to ship across the country or in this guys case half way around the world. It gets frustrating so the guy vented.

Turner makes mistakes. He makes alot of mistakes from my point of view......

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
....Also he just bought a brand new frame that keeps sh*tting the bed on him. ....

He makes alot of mistakes from my point of view......
Nope...not a new frame...2 years used.

And Dave Turner never makes mistakes...he makes calculations and equations that are perfect and utterly un-executable by any and all siciences available to mere mortals. :thumb:

Oh...and you wouldn't crack frames if you weren't fat and riding flat tires around all the time.... ::brows:

1nVALID

Chimp
Oct 21, 2007
It was used one year.

The problem is that the bearings can move even then everything is assembled correctly , shims are mounted as well. I dont know what T may suggest me.

Did any of you have a similiar problem ? How did U fix it ?

Regards

Strakar

Monkey
Nov 17, 2001
Portugal
Man, you just don't get it. His very first post wasn't to ask for help. It was to beat the company and the product down and make it sound like a piece of crap, without even giving the company a chance to help him. Wheres the confusion? Remember, he edited his first post, so you're not reading his original post. But the post the title clearly shows his intent.

I realize its a hassle when you buy a foreign product with no real support in your country. I've owned both a Nicolai Lambda and a Nucleon. At the time there was ONE bike shop in the entire USA that was a dealer for them. And they had just taken on the line, so really they knew nothing about them. If I had a problem with the bike. I wouldn't go register on a German bike forum, make my first post be a "Lambda is a piece of Crap" and expect to get a positive response. Does that make sense to you?

The fact that its a pain because you are in another country does justify his actions. If you don't want to go thru the extra trouble of dealing with a foreign manufacturer, then why buy one? Stick with a Euro bike or deal with the headache.

And yes calling him "ignorant" was the right word. It means a lack of knowledge. It's not a derogatory term.

As far as not helping him. I would have been more then happy to; had he asked respectfully for it in his first post. While he did have a line in there asking a question, almost the entire post was ORIGINALLY a rant against Turner. So if you read my posts in that context, maybe you'll understand my point of view better.
Hey, it's as simple as this: he was frustrated and vented while asking for help, big f'n deal! He already admitted it and toned it down. If Turner is as good as its reputation, the problem will be solved. There.

Oh and I couldn't care less about the title, almost the whole thread is informative and even useful. If this title alone is enough to tarnish the Turner brand, then we're all retarded.

Strakar...the general point is...we DON'T need to help because that is what the phone # at Turner is for...that's all.

BTW, cool avatar.
I disagree man. If I had a problem with a product from overseas, I'd try help here first. I'd probably mail them too but we know it's not always a fast solution. I've recommended the site to friends who were looking for info.

Anyway the guy seems to be in touch with turner so most of this is moot now.

And thanks, that photo is almost 9 years ;)

Old_Sckool

Monkey
Jun 5, 2007
Hey, it's as simple as this: he was frustrated and vented while asking for help, big f'n deal! He already admitted it and toned it down. If Turner is as good as its reputation, the problem will be solved. There.

Oh and I couldn't care less about the title, almost the whole thread is informative and even useful. If this title alone is enough to tarnish the Turner brand, then we're all retarded.

I disagree man. If I had a problem with a product from overseas, I'd try help here first. I'd probably mail them too but we know it's not always a fast solution. I've recommended the site to friends who were looking for info.

Anyway the guy seems to be in touch with turner so most of this is moot now.

And for you guy's that think this a Turner thing, I'd say the same thing about any company. It has nothing to do with bowing at the alter of Turner.

And thanks, that photo is almost 9 years ;)
Well, I'm not going to continue arguing with you. I made plenty of valid points. If you think he handle it in the proper way, I'm not going to convince you otherwise. If your character is such that you think it was proper. I'm certainly not going to be able to change it.

I'm sure as a person you appreciate it when someone treats you the same way.