Quantcast

Turner DHR question.

oldnslow

Chimp
Aug 29, 2009
Hi Gang,

I just picked up an inexpensive 2006 DHR. It has a pretty beefy axel on it, but I dont think it is 150mm spacing. Will my Sun Ryno Lytes work with this axel? If not, what do I need for a back wheel?

Thank all.

Old

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
Weren't they something weird like a way oversized axle in the back and needed sleeves to use a 12mm thru?

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
Not a hassle at all. The frame has 20mm holes in it. It then has (hadley Mfg) plugs that clamp into the holes to adapt to pretty much whatever (Hadley Mfg) axle size you want/need. You need to look at rear DH hub 'standards' at the time the frame was designed....10, 12, 14, 15, and 16mm axles were being used in combo with 135, 145, 150, 160, and 165mm hub widths.

Turner used the most common (and narrowest drivetrain for better pedal clearance) width and designed a system that would allow any and all axle diameters possible no-matter where the industry wandered....

Just leave the plugs clamped into the frame and use the axle like you would any other bolt....thread in, thread out.

I would HIGHLY recomend finding a stainless one piece shock mount kit for at least the rear shock mount. The link has a large angle swing that, combined with the stock garbage aluminum fox hardware, likes to eat shock bushings.

Would also recomend pumping a bit of grease through the zirks after wet rides, especially the one where the little dog-bone attaches to the swingarm. THe little pocket can hold water/mud/etc and kill that needle bearing.

Last edited: