Quantcast

Turner DHR reducer sizing?

sAFETY

Chimp
Mar 5, 2007
I'm looking at a new Fox shock for my bike but need to order the reducers. Does anyone know what the reducer sizing is?

It's a newer round-tube model

Thanks in advance.

big-ted

Danced with A, attacked by C, fired by D.
Sep 27, 2005
Vancouver, BC
22mm wide with an M6 bolt.

You're in BC, correct? Good luck with that. I'm looking for exactly the same thing. I've phoned no fewer than 7 local bike shops to no avail... :(

fred.r

Dwangus Bogans
May 9, 2006
Order the one piece steel reducer from fox. it's worth the extra $$$ as your DU bushing seem to last longer. I was going through DU like crazy with the cheap alum two piece reducers, switched to the steel and have been slop free for a long time!

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
If you're talking about the RC4, I'd double check that it actually fits the Turner first. I have a feeling the reservoir on the RC4 will foul on the frame or swing link either way you mount it.

It's a similar problem to the BOS shock on that frame.

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
Old DHR pivot axles just happen to be the prefect size. You will never wear them out.
Find some alum tubing and cut some spacers to keep the shock centered and you're set.

Sverre

Monkey
Aug 26, 2004
Norwaii
Make sure you get the 3-piece reducers, not the 2piece. Using the 2-piece on the rear mount, makes it last for a day or two in wet conditions. I bought the Marzocchi steel reduser on the rear mount, and no problem since that :)