Quantcast

Turner DHR spring question! (lightweight rider)

Spahman

Monkey
Dec 13, 2006
Arlington
Hey guys.. I've got a suspension question about my 05 turner DHR. It's got the modded rear swing arm. I'm currently running a 300 lb spring on the fox DHX 5.0. It tracks the ground great with 75 PSI the min amount for this shock. Any higher than that and I feel like there is too much resistance.

The 300 lb spring can some times feel wallowie if you know what I mean. Would upping to a 350 lb spring effect the rear end differently than just adding more PSI?

I'm weighing in high 140's low 150's with gear on

Sov

Chimp
Jan 1, 2008
Adelaide, Australia
I'm 145 with gear on a 06 dhr and run a 350lb. Modded swingarm here too. I've tried up to 170psi in the DHX to get a more controlled feel but have settled on 130psi. I tried a 300lb spring for a bit but it blew through the travel too quickly.

Dec 7, 2009
Cloud Kiwi
I'd look at the # spring rate maybe get some help from a tuner!

You shouldn't run less than 125psi on the DHXc [even Fox tech's rec this]

DT himself states the proper starting point with the DHXc for the DHR is 125psi no more or less.

CORRECT spring rate is required for the DHR as the progressive nature of the linkage.

set your rebound and no compression, if you do need some mid stroke support then some compression adj via the pro pedal, a couple of turns or get a re valve, via Push or someone!

I setup my DHR as per this and my rear is sweet bang on!

check out DTs reply post # 19

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=422636

Last edited: