Quantcast

Turner dhr vs new dh bikes

kotajack

Chimp
Feb 25, 2004
Mass
Anyone still running a dw link dhr?
Anyone try a mullet setup with a 27.5 on the front?
I have no idea how this would work but my son has fallen in love with my canfield jedi and I have this turner kicking around
I know its a outdated 26" bike but I don't care just trying to figure out how involved i should get in building it up

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Anyone still running a dw link dhr?
Anyone try a mullet setup with a 27.5 on the front?
I have no idea how this would work but my son has fallen in love with my canfield jedi and I have this turner kicking around
I know its a outdated 26" bike but I don't care just trying to figure out how involved i should get in building it up
Maybe I'm thinking of a different frame, but I thought you could cram a small 27.5 in there?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Maybe I'm thinking of a different frame, but I thought you could cram a small 27.5 in there?
I think even a 2.5 Minion in 26 inch was tight on that link...

The bike is great. If it fits, ride the shit out of it and enjoy. :)

kotajack

Chimp
Feb 25, 2004
Mass
well I have 27.5 boss idylle that I can rebuild which would give me the room for a 27.5 front.
I am no geometry expert. I get that it would slacken the head angle and maybe raise the bottom bracket which may not be all that bad. Just not sure what other negatives it might create

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
Do it. If you are running into problems with a too slack ha you can steepen it with a angle set.
27,5 front and 26 rear should work no problem.:thumb:
^^:stupid:

The DHR is plenty low, so raising the BB a little won't be a big deal IMO. Although I'd stay with a 26" set up if the 26" fork is better than the Boss Idylle as I don't think theres really a substantial advantage with a 27.5 wheel. Overall, I think the advantage of a newer DH bike is wheelbase, reach, etc...vs the more compact feel of something like a DHR. The headangles and BB heights really haven't changed that much for quite awhile now.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I have this turner kicking around
being outdated doesn't mean it won't be fun. build it up with as many parts as you currently have (ie don't spend a ton) and save that money for a newer DH bike eventually.

kotajack

Chimp
Feb 25, 2004
Mass
I am not a fan of the 29 stuff but was considering doing a mullet setup on my Jedi. My Jedi fits my kid better than the dhr and I would rather see him riding. That got me thinking about a mullet on the dhr. Bought this DHR frame from a ride monkey guy and its like brand new. I could buy another dh sled but the details on the dhr Frame are so nice and they sell for nothing in the used market. It doesn't feel right giving a basically new dhr away for nothing.
I will build it with the 27.5 front and see how it goes. The BOS needs seals and I need a crankset, so I Just ordered some fox 36 seals for the BOS hopefully they work. Let you guys know once I get some time on it. Thanks

TrumbullHucker

trumbullruxer
Aug 29, 2005
shimzbury, ct
I am not a fan of the 29 stuff but was considering doing a mullet setup on my Jedi. My Jedi fits my kid better than the dhr and I would rather see him riding. That got me thinking about a mullet on the dhr. Bought this DHR frame from a ride monkey guy and its like brand new. I could buy another dh sled but the details on the dhr Frame are so nice and they sell for nothing in the used market. It doesn't feel right giving a basically new dhr away for nothing.
I will build it with the 27.5 front and see how it goes. The BOS needs seals and I need a crankset, so I Just ordered some fox 36 seals for the BOS hopefully they work. Let you guys know once I get some time on it. Thanks
Do you have a raw DHR?