Quantcast

Turner+DW+DH

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Alright DW no need to get sh*tty. Maybe if the public was kept more in the loop about the delays, rumours wouldn't get started?
:think:
i guess all companies should give the play-by-play on how each of their products are doing in the development process?

can you not tell he is having a laugh?

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Yes, you are correct there will be no dw-link on the new DH bike, and also It will have a 29er in the rear and a 27.5 up front for sick traction on the climbs. Also it's only going to be available in one color, Fuscia! In addition, it's designed around a 57T chainring because we see kamikaze coming back in a huge way and well, you gotta plan for this type of thing. Did I mention that it has 2000% anti-squat at all points in the travel and automatically opens a time vortex at the top of the hill, guaranteed for 10 seconds off your race pace or your money back. Also it will only cost $666.66 at Chain Reaction, and you can get it shipped anywhere in the world. For Free.

This bike is going to be KILLER!!
That's all well and good, but what about the wine bag?

FAIL.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
They just broke frequently, had a crazy high leverage ratio on the shock, and had this really funny amount of pedal feedback that made it difficult to ride behind someone on one without crashing from laughing.

It was a poorly done knock off of cannondale's orginal 'gemini' suspension that they really messed up.
i thought it had been based on the fulcrum

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
They just broke frequently, had a crazy high leverage ratio on the shock, and had this really funny amount of pedal feedback that made it difficult to ride behind someone on one without crashing from laughing.

It was a poorly done knock off of cannondale's orginal 'gemini' suspension that they really messed up.
I once watched a poor skinny teenager try to race that bike on a tight, pedally dual slalom course.:confused:
It looked like somebody trying to break in a horse.
Pile of turd that thing was.

time-bomb

Monkey
May 2, 2008
right here -> .
Weren't they more or less the same exact suspension design/concept? I thought the Fulcrum was the next generation of the Gemini. The two big differences where the elimination of the "jack-shaft" sort of drive and a longer shock, but the suspension concept was the same. I may be remembering this wrong however, that $hit was a while ago.

edit: ah, i see the answer above, i should have refreshed before posting.

Last edited:

Steve M

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2007
Whistler
Weren't they more or less the same exact suspension design/concept? I thought the Fulcrum was the next generation of the Gemini. The two big differences where the elimination of the "jack-shaft" sort of drive and a longer shock, but the suspension concept was the same. I may be remembering this wrong however, that $hit was a while ago.

edit: ah, i see the answer above, i should have refreshed before posting.
The Gemini name originally came from the "twin" shock proto that the Cdale team rode for a season (or maybe part of a season, I forget), they later canned that idea and named their singlepivot bikes Gemini.

time-bomb

Monkey
May 2, 2008
right here -> .
The Gemini name originally came from the "twin" shock proto that the Cdale team rode for a season (or maybe part of a season, I forget), they later canned that idea and named their singlepivot bikes Gemini.
Ok, so looks like I got the order of frames right, just mixed up the names.

Steve M

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2007
Whistler
That's the black box build kit you need to specify when you place your order with turner. Otherwise you get the sport level plastic.

edit: you guys call wine 'goon?' I gotta start using that.
Goon is cask wine... but I've never seen it in plastic before, that's shoddy as!

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
Uh......that's just what the bike looked like.

Only photoshop is the logos.

You've never seen one of those before? They were pretty entertaining.
Holy crap.

I have a knowledge gap of a few years when I was super into rock crawling and desert racing instead of bikes.

I've seen the bike before but never really paid much attention to how the swing arm was attached(always assumed it was a single pivot).

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
derp....

yeah, basically the fulcrum came out alongside jackshafts and data acquisition...then they ditched the data after testing was done...then they ditched the jackshaft to try and sell them, then KHS knocked off the design, but as has been discussed in the other thread, mms can ruin a design...I think they saw a photo of it and said "hey, we can do that". There were two generations and supposedly they hired an actual engineer for the second one, but it was still too difficult to get right and light, so that begat the dh50 with the "x" link on it.

The idea was that it pedaled great with the appropriate chainring, thus the jackshaft arrangement. Bikes without it pedaled like crap.

what kind of fulcrum did you have ih8mice?

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
what kind of fulcrum did you have ih8mice?
i didnt actually own that thing. the c'dale rep gave it to our shop for the season so i tried to ride it here and there.

it was pretty much just like this one but in team Vulva Blue and Coda brakes. the fork felt like there were rocks in there not needle bearings

Last edited:

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
i didnt actually own that thing. the c'dale rep gave it to our shop for the season so i tried to ride it here and there.

it was pretty much just like this one but in team Vulva Blue and Coda brakes. the fork felt like there were rocks in there not needle bearings
I remember Missy telling me she had to have that fork rebuilt after every 2 runs!!!!! That is why they were running another brand by the end of that season. Would say it was around 1997 or 98.

Cecil