Quantcast

Turner Flux info

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
I did a search on RM but nothing came out.

I'm starting to look for a new XC bike. My current bike is a 2000 FSRxc, which I like a lot, but it's starting to show it's age and is not very stiff...and I'm more than ready to have disc brakes on my XC bike... :)

I'm looking for a XC/All-Mountain frame which would be designed for a 4" fork. The frame needs to be not too racy, but not a pig either. It should be able to sustain some hard riding from a fairly smooth rider. By "hard riding", I mean fast and/or technical stuff...but no drops or any non-XC stuff. It just needs to be as good going up as going down! :thumb:

I was wondering about the Turner Flux, which would seems to fill the bill quite nicely in terms of geometry (except maybe for the 22.4 TT of the small frame...it seems a bit long...). Are they durables? I know the 5Spot is quite popular, but I feel it's too much bike for what I'm looking for. My DH bike has a bit less than 6" travel and I really don't want more than 4.0-4.5" of travel for my XC bike.

Also, regarding the bushings of the Turner...do they make the frame more flexy compared to bearings?

So please tell me about the frame...I'm sure the quality of all the Turner bike are great...but is it too much an endurance racer bike? Would it be a good choice for All-Mountain stuff? I weight around 160-165 lbs.

I'm open to other suggestions. A Blur would be another option...any comments on that? Would they be comparable in terms of stiffness and durability or would the Blur be tougher?

Thanks! :)

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
no direct experience with a flux, but I've had the pleasure of working on quite a few turners. The bushings are actually STIFFER than bearings, thats one of the main reasons they use them.