Quantcast

Turner/Honda Team Bike Stolen from Mt Ste Anne, Quebec

c2001

Paparazzi
Aug 10, 2001
where everyone is
Team Honda/Turner Bike Stolen: Small Turner DHR w/ PUSH Rear shock and 1 1/8 Headtube (1 of 2 dhrs w/ this) was stolen from mt ste anne from a 2nd story balcony. Boxxer World Cup up front, michelin tires and truvativ components. any information on this bike should be reported to sven martin @ 949 280 7469

it was stolen off of our 2nd story balcony during a rainstorm last night...PLEASE be on the lookout. the headtube and push shock (w/ remote resevoir) should help give it away.

toronto, montreal, quebec city residents, please be on the lookout especially.

thanks y'all,
spoons

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
Oh man that sucks. It being a small, I'm guessing it was Anka's bike? I hope she finds a bike to race on, (and who ever stole it burns)!

c2001

Paparazzi
Aug 10, 2001
where everyone is
yeah, it was anka's. there were like 5 or 6 other bikes on the porch and the thief(s) dug through all the bikes just to get hers...bastards.

rockracing

Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Cape Town, South Africa
that's ****ty to hear......I see there's a whole bunch s.aftricans on the start list, not a great way to sart the weekend....hope you get the bike back. The dude who took it needs to get tramped, pummled.......or as we say here..."MOER HIM !!"

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
That sucks. I'll be on the lookout(platty,jiminy,diablo). i just expect more from people that ride than bullshyt like this. I'll be sure to remind the punk why you shouldn't steal :nuts: if I spot him(or her :think: )

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
Thieves are stupid. Don't they know how hard it is to sell a size small DH bike?? :rolleyes: (Not to mention how unique her Dh bike was). Well, if you see her, tell her Carrie from Oregon sends her best wishes and that I'll see her in Idaho. Keep us updated on if she gets to race.

p-spec

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2004
quebec
That honnestly just piss's me off.Specially its a mountain near me.Makes me even more mad cause it gives bad reputation.

All defenetly keep an eye out on the island,and in the hole province.

Man didn't Randy Spangler get his bikes ripped off aswell at whislter and the team kona van got ripped off as well with tones of parts and bikes.

Its been said once and all say it again.

Death penalty to bike crooks!!!

Ratfink

Monkey
Jan 29, 2002
SoCal
I've got bad news from the world cup at Mont Sainte-Annes Canada. Some A$$hole has stolen Anka Martins Honda Turner DHR last night! The bike went missing off the second story balcony last night. This bike should be easy to spot. It’s a small DHR with a 1 1/8 head tube as you all know the DHR comes with 1.5 head. Next is the custom built Push shock with the remote reservoir that in not on the market!!!!! Last is the bottom bracket it’s stamped Prototype. Get the word out to everyone you know. I want to get the A$$hole that did this!!!!!
Build:
Turner DHR small w/ 1 1/8 head tube
Push Shock with custom remote reservoir
Boxxer World Cups
Hayes Brakes
Romic Top Crown with stem
TruVativ Bars, Cranks, Ti BB, Seatpost, Box Guide
SDG Seat
Hadley Hubs / Mavic Rims
Michelin Tires

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
Mother fokers!!!! There is no way they will get away with this one...hope Sven catches the bastard and gives him/her a beating!!

I just posted the news on Pinkbike.com. Good luck.

p-spec

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2004
quebec
Ya i posted the news on 2 very big quebec forums.

So all keep you guys posted if there is news about it..

Hey btw. how did this guy get to the balcony.Did he steal a key or wat i dont get it.Also wat were the other bikes stationed beside her dhr?????

I

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
Bike theives are stupid like that. We had a customer who had his bike jacked out of his garage. He was pretty sure he was followed because the bike was really flashy. This bike was a full custom Ti time trial bike with a softride beam. One of 2 ever made. We got several calls from the thief trying to get more info about it. We just led him on. We finally got a call from the pawn shop where the guy tryed to unload it. He was arrested shortly after. The beauty of this story is that bike was cost $11000. Anything over 10k is felony grand theft. The guy had no idea what he was getting into. Justice. :thumb:

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
:( aww jeez, sweet anka. sucks to hear this, but i have a strange feeling it will come back. i just hope it shows up soon, like NOW! and unscathed.

good luck anka.

Ratfink

Monkey
Jan 29, 2002
SoCal
p-spec said:
Ya i posted the news on 2 very big quebec forums.

So all keep you guys posted if there is news about it..

Hey btw. how did this guy get to the balcony.Did he steal a key or wat i dont get it.Also wat were the other bikes stationed beside her dhr?????

I
Thanks!!! The team really appreciates that!!!!

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Man, human beings just suck in general.
Stealing peoples bikes whose whole life is dedicated to riding and racing them.
The amount of passion she put in riding that bike in one day would be more than the theif will have if he keeps the bike for years.
I wonder if these twisted twats ever think about all the sacrifices people make in their lives to attend these events, and how hard they work at it in gereral.

Whew, I am SO looking foward to the day, when I see a link that says,
"Theif caught trying to steal dh bike, 20 DHers stormed out of the room
and gave him a beating that made Rodney Kings' look like a fruit fight.
Theif is now in hospital undergoing surgery to remove a coil spring from his azz. He is in stable but painful condition" :nuts:

PUSHIND

PUSH Industries (Duh)
Dec 5, 2003
Colorado
I was just at the doctor's office and got the news about Anka's bike (Thanks Luc and Jimmy). The news actually makes me sad. Anka and Sven have been on the no-budget cross country race for the love-of-the-sport-marathon for the last month and this happens. No one deserves to get their bike ripped off, ever! But, this time it's a little more personal because it's someone I know and care about. For those of you who don't know Anka, she's the definition of the word "sweet". I'm sure by now she's pissed but still looking past herself and helping the other riders on the Team. I can just picture her telling everyone, "It's okay we'll get it back, you guys go practice". Really unfair.

For those of you who now Sven, well enough said. Let's hope someone gets the bike back before he finds them. His temper's bad enough when he's in a good mood.

I've been on the phone and I do know that the wheels are already in motion to get her new race bike built and ready for the next National if necessary.

Lastly, to those who steal, Karma will always catch up with you.

Darren Murphy
Push Industries

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Should be hard to spot :eyesroll: I dont understand how theives think they can get away with this stuff...if they are stealing a bike like this it is most likely so that they can use it or to sell it to someone that will. this is a relatively small community and with msg boards like this someone is bound to recognize it.

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
PUSHIND said:
I was just at the doctor's office and got the news about Anka's bike (Thanks Luc and Jimmy). The news actually makes me sad. Anka and Sven have been on the no-budget cross country race for the love-of-the-sport-marathon for the last month and this happens. No one deserves to get their bike ripped off, ever! But, this time it's a little more personal because it's someone I know and care about. For those of you who don't know Anka, she's the definition of the word "sweet". I'm sure by now she's pissed but still looking past herself and helping the other riders on the Team. I can just picture her telling everyone, "It's okay we'll get it back, you guys go practice". Really unfair.

For those of you who now Sven, well enough said. Let's hope someone gets the bike back before he finds them. His temper's bad enough when he's in a good mood.

I've been on the phone and I do know that the wheels are already in motion to get her new race bike built and ready for the next National if necessary.

Lastly, to those who steal, Karma will always catch up with you.

Darren Murphy
Push Industries
I don't think you could have summed up the situation any better. If your going to steal a bike, someone like Anka is not the person to rip off.

I meet Anka in 2001, racing in the expert class together at nationals. To this day she is still the most gracious and nicest person I have ever raced against. The first thing out of her mouth at any event I have ever seen her at is "How was your run, how was practice, how'd you do?" She always seems to be more concerned with your success than her own. She is so humble that I truely don't think she really knows how good she is.

I really hope that her sponsors can come together and get her rolling again, or that her rig shows up asap. It would be a shame if she were to miss a single race because of this.

Smelly

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
out yonder, round bout a hootinany
i'm normally a pretty peaceful person, but i condone violence and group beat downs against bike theives. i'd like to see the picture of this theif with a chainring embedded in his/her head.
hope it pops up somewhere. i'll keep my eyes peeled in sanna crooz.
it's really nice to see a community unite when something like this happens. it's encouraging to know that there's still good people in the world.

p-spec

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2004
quebec
Ratfink

No prob.All be going to bromont all weekend ( even thow i know it was stolen at st-anne) nowing how stupid thiefs are they woud try it at a different mountain.So all keep an eye out.

Im very positive she well get her bike back.