Quantcast

Turning a Minion DHR II into tubless: help a brother out?

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Here I am like a four thumbed monkey trying to turn a DHR II into tubeless.

Put it on my 823, put in two scoops of Stans, inflated. Held air like a champ that day.

Went out to the shed today, flatter than a 12 year old Chinese gymnast.

Any suggestions? I'd like to run this tubeless for AZ and for Whistler, but if I gotta run a tube I will. But I'd much rather not.

DHracer1067

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2003
somewhere really ****ty
Before my 823's starting leaking air out of the nipple inserts I used to always just mount up the wheel/s and just ride around on the road, field, or whatever you have by your house for a couple minutes and it never failed to seal.

Raingauge

Monkey
Apr 3, 2008
Canadia
What pressure did you leave it at after you set it? Did you make sure the line on the tire was even all the way around the rim?

I set mine at 60psi over night and then deflate to riding pressure.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
An internet rant against Mavic and Stans will sort everything out.

Dogboy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Before my 823's starting leaking air out of the nipple inserts I used to always just mount up the wheel/s and just ride around on the road, field, or whatever you have by your house for a couple minutes and it never failed to seal.
I agree. Always ride the tire around for a bit after mounting it up tubeless.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Can you explain this? 823's have a solid sealed rim and the only place for air to leak would be at the valve.

Was the rim cracked or something? The nipple inserts don't seal the air in...
be quiet noob, this is the internet, anything is possible

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
I hold mine flat by the axle and slowly spin to coat the sidewalls, then mount on the bike and go for a short ride. Usually works.