Quantcast

Tursday is here.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning! I went for an easy five mile run early this morning. Tank top on Nov 12 is nice and all, but it ain't right.

I'm tired. I slept like a champ, but wore myself out yesterday....I certainly made the most of my day off from work (13 mile run and 11 mile MTB).

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
'Morning! I went for an easy five mile run early this morning. Tank top on Nov 12 is nice and all, but it ain't right.

I'm tired. I slept like a champ, but wore myself out yesterday....I certainly made the most of my day off from work (13 mile run and 11 mile MTB).
that could've been a 30 mile mtb ride without any running whatsoever

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Cold lap on the nearest local hill last night, felt great (as always) to get out for a pedal. Made better by riding with my financée, that always rules. I think I have a deal worked out on one of those "smart trainer" thingies, gonna try and keep some riding fitness over the winter... since I'm working this winter I won't have as many random mid-week ride/ski days so this should help? Maybe? Looking forward to maybe "racing" against some of you out there in the virtual world...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Last nights ride was fun. Although in the span of a few hours in the afternoon, the temps dropped from 70F to 40F. And all I had was a tshirt and a thick rain jacket. I was freakin' soaked in sweat and couldn't stick around for post ride chit chat and beer. Dirt is all time good though at the moment.

Work. Work and Work.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
2hs into study. Education funding is today's topic. Since it's something I rarely deal with, the equations are a pita. They are really similar to retirement growth calculations, but enough they are easy to mix up. Fucking frustrating.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Given my appreciation for fine things, I have recently exchanged money to acquire a new knife and pen. I use both on a daily basis, so might as well have something I enjoy using.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
YAY TUESDAY!
Wifey tested positive.
kiddo and myself don’t know, we are getting tested as well. Wifey just had mild flu like symptoms, so far absolutely asymptomatic for kiddo and myself. We can’t really imagine that we didn’t get it too.
interesting times.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I do love a really nice pen. Unfortunately, since we went paperless for aircraft records,I hardly ever need one any more.
There's something very pleasurable about using a nice pen, isn't there? I bought an Everyman Grafton earlier this year, but that was underwhelming.

So instead I have acquired a Tactile Turn bolt-action pen. Should be plenty of fun to fidget with.

tactile-turn-bolt-action-copper-pen.jpg

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
we're fully electronic at work too. i may have forgotten how to write.
At my last company, we had to walk change orders around for physical signatures. Sometimes I'd waste an entire day just walking around the facility trying to track people down. It was one of the most asinine things I've experienced in my career.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
At my last company, we had to walk change orders around for physical signatures. Sometimes I'd waste an entire day just walking around the facility trying to track people down. It was one of the most asinine things I've experienced in my career.
that's how my company was when i started here. there were certainly benefits to it, we were usually able to get a change approved in about a week. our current change process takes an average of 4 weeks.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Don't even get me started on that at this particular building. Its the same.

The worst part? Our ERP system and others have built in approval work flows to avoid that shit, they just aren't used because CLEARLY someone clicking an approve button vs physically signing is not moar better. :banghead:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
YAY TUESDAY!
Wifey tested positive.
kiddo and myself don’t know, we are getting tested as well. Wifey just had mild flu like symptoms, so far absolutely asymptomatic for kiddo and myself. We can’t really imagine that we didn’t get it too.
interesting times.
how or where did she think she got it?

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
anybody have recs on a roof rack? I can get decent factory cross bars for my car, but there doesn't seem to be a good consensus on non-shitty roof trays. I am willing to take off my wheel if it improves things- either safety or stability or aero. I have a seasucker now and it seasucks.

And before you ask, no, I can't get a hitch.
I just got an email from 1upUSA with a weird offer. If I buy a gift card, they'll add 10% to it. (so if I buy a $100 gift card, it'll come as $110). If would be convoluted, but if you want me to buy a gift card for you, we could try and set something up via PMs...

Otherwise, busy at work. They want me to do graphic design work, but I'm not a graphic designer. I'm a policy analyst?!

Life is shit at home, I did a 2 hour crisis intervention with the family support group yesterday. I feel like I have PTSD from dealing with my kid every day. Except it's not 'post', it's on-going. At least I'm in a position to ask for, receive, and be able to pay for help.

But at least it's clear and cool, and ride night tonight. I hope my tire holds air.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
FFS dealership has fox news on blargh
I have it on *VERY* good authority that Fox has jumped the shark and is currently considered lamestream media. You apparently need to go over to Newsmax to learn the truth that the sheeple don't want to hear. :homer:

news is just white noise to me now....
I've gotten to the point that if it has commercials, it doesn't get a chance. Fucking commercial broadcasts are the WORST.