Quantcast

tweaker dudes

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
This afternoon I was at my LBS heckling the employees. They switched to summer hours yesterday so they are abnormally 'stoked' to be at work this week. :D

Today it was busy and in walks tweaker dude. He's not sunken eye death hole tweaker but clean clothes, fit, with tats and an unlit cancer stick. While he is dressed well and fit he still is clearly tweaker dude. He makes a quick walk through and asks to test ride a BMX bike. LBS employee A-HOLE says sure, airs up the tires, and walks outside with him.

A few minutes later I walk out talking with another dude and A-HOLE is standing there staring off down the street. I say, smoke break? He says "I think tweaker dude just jacked that bmx bike. He rounded that corner and hasn't come back." My friend grabbed his bike and I hopped in my truck. We did a few laps around the neighborhood but tweaker dude was long gone or had a nice hiding spot.

LBS concluded that BMX sucks and good riddance.

Last edited:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Shop I worked at did not allow test rides without said customer leaving CC & driver's license as deposit.

BMX does indeed not suck.
:stupid:

My LBS would let me test ride a bike without CC and DL, but that's because they know where I live, and most of them have actually been in my house. Random stranger off the street? Not a chance.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
LBS owners are the employees. They let the guy ride the BMX without any ID check because they hated that bike and it'd been sitting on the floor for over a season. I think A-HOLE knew it was going to happen but wanted to test the stereotype.

Stereotype proves true - Kidwoo's garage is like a gummi candy store for the toofless tweaker dudes.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
LBS owners are the employees. They let the guy ride the BMX without any ID check because they hated that bike and it'd been sitting on the floor for over a season. I think A-HOLE knew it was going to happen but wanted to test the stereotype.

Stereotype proves true - Kidwoo's garage is like a gummi candy store for the toofless tweaker dudes.
let me guess, this is primarily a road / high end mtb (read: 29'er) shop.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
I grew up on bmx and dirt jumping, but the scene is gone. Our ABA track is an RC track now essentially. The only people you see on 20" are the tweaker scrapper dudes, and they're everywhere.

The shop is small. It's in a house built in 1900. Reminds me of jdcambs place. They've been known to duct tape wally world bikes to the fence and see how many days it takes to walk off. One time a bike lasted almost two weeks before it disappeared!

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
BMX is pretty awesome. The bikes are freaking killer these days. But flatland should be practiced in the privacy of one's own home. It's a genre that requires grace and fluidity, but for some reason is practiced almost exclusively by white guys who couldn't dance to save their lives. The effect is something like a seizing scarecrow ****ing a broken lawn chair.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Ha, yeah the lbs's I worked at it was a judgment call if you kept a cc and dl for a test ride or not. I mean regular customers we had no issue with, anything felt fishy at all absolutely get a dl and cc...

Bike thieves suck reguardless

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
tweakers like stealing. they don't care what it is. they'll even scope out telemark skis.
This is true. Tweakers go after all kinds of farm stuff, like radiators and brass impact sprinklers. The fields are kept free of scrap metal though so I guess they do serve some purpose.