Quantcast

Twenty6 vs Mortop. What the heck?

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I was browsing the local forums and found mortop pedals. They look remarkably close like trimmed down prerunners. Any one knows something about it? Ripp-offs or some weird co-op?

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Why would you buy something that apparently is a rip off and will self destruct on first rock hit? Buy twenty6.
Less material = lighter = better scale pic = you are the king on RM!

Reason enough? :rofl:

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Im pretty sure no pedals are even less material ;)
Genius! Why didn't I think of this myself! :lighten:
Lets take the cranks off too, and the wheels.....and the fork.....and the frame....and..... !!!! :rockout:

Voila, 0 # DH Bike!!! :rofl:

crohnsy

Monkey
Oct 2, 2009
T Bay
Why would you buy something that apparently is a rip off and will self destruct on first rock hit? Buy twenty6.

Cheaper to replace the knockoffs when they self-destruct than the originals when they do the same....

Last edited:

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Cheaper to replace the knockoffs when they self-destruct than the originals when they do the same....
Something having a lower price often means it will actually be more expensive as you have to replace it MORE OFTEN. Prerunners had problems with pins but not with platforms and for 2011 apparently that has ben solved also. Unless the knock offs are like 30-50$ I wouldnt try them.

crohnsy

Monkey
Oct 2, 2009
T Bay
Something having a lower price often means it will actually be more expensive as you have to replace it MORE OFTEN. Prerunners had problems with pins but not with platforms and for 2011 apparently that has ben solved also. Unless the knock offs are like 30-50$ I wouldnt try them.

Dont get all butthurt because I didnt agree with your comment

They had more problems than just the "pins"

For instance destroying the tabs that the pins thread into... as I did to my set..

Its a good thing they threaded extra pin holes...

I understand light strong cheap... Was hoping Tyler @ Twenty6 did too..

Not everything with a lower price needs to be replaced MORE OFTEN as you say...

My Shimano DX have taken a beating and are still going strong...

Trying Crampons next season they seem to also be durable for not a crazy price

bogusbill

Chimp
Oct 16, 2009
Knock offs piss me off. The company that had the money most likely just sent a 26 pedal to them and said make this for me. The person machining or overseeing the machining is not Tyler. While 26 had minor issues with some of thier products I can not find any mention of them handling the situation above and beyond. They have taking the rider feedback that was given to them and inproved upon their offerings. Do you wan't Jimdungho who you can not speak to making your parts or a guy like Tyler that by the way is employing people in north america.