Two 12-hour events, qualifiers for worlds

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
Originally posted by Heidi
Damn you.

Are you going to try one Tony?
Hey. If you want to do it, although i'm sure y'all have qualifiers, i'm part of a very large club/race team and we sponsor people all the time. I'm sure you would be welcomed with open arms.
t

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
Oh and our club is very big into supporting and promoting women racers. Ps my friend, although she didn’t beat the winner male's laps, won the womans solo race this past weekend. We had to pull her off the course.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Originally posted by The Toninator

Hey. If you want to do it, although i'm sure y'all have qualifiers, i'm part of a very large club/race team and we sponsor people all the time. I'm sure you would be welcomed with open arms.
t
Well, I have to wait and see the race schedule for next year so I can allocate days off for all the races. I doubt I'd be able to do them though.

Good luck to you though!

Chris01

Chimp
Aug 13, 2002
Dallas Area
Tony,

With all due respect I wouldn't advise anyone to travel to do this race. The course is BORING! and just not a lot of fun. Tight and twisty yes, but there are no climbs and no scenery.

Also, (and yes I will still do them) the promoter is not well respected in the area. His entry fees are high and the schwag is limited. Many times he leaves with a trunk full of the stuff so he can sell it / give it away later.

To add to the ugliness, at last years race (the first one) the winner of the solo mens race got a new frame... pretty cool huh, well the winner of the woman's solo (who did more laps than the guy) got something not so spectacular (I forget what). It was so slighted that the guy who owns the ranch forked over a new frame for her to try to make up for the promoters lack of thought. Note: Doc Nolan (the owner of the ranch) is definately one of the coolest guys associated with this sport... at least in texas.

Yes... I will drive 3 hrs to do the race, but no I wouldn't drive 5hrs to do these.