Quantcast

Two Cool new websites

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
First;
We revamped www.spookybikes.com over the cold spell a couple of weeks ago. Notice the new complete bike builder options? yay.

Secondably;

My Pal Craig, who might even more irascible and opinonated as me has launched his own line of totally kickass Aluminum race bikes.
www.gaulzetticicli.blogspot.com

Super-duper dialed geometry, and cool features, like bb30, and an ISP.

Another great aluminum road race bike from the Northeast.
The death of crappy carbon is neigh at hand!

proglife

Monkey
Apr 18, 2002
Annapolis, MD
i was just checking out the site last night, wanting a t-shirt

what's wrong with carbon on a road bike, other than the generally ugly (personal opinion) bikes they make out of it?

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
Good carbon is fantastic, but there are very few worthwhile carbon frames on the market.

The price difference between a top perfoming bike made out of Aluminum or Steel v. Carbon is pretty astronomical. Quite simply, for people who race, and actually buy their own stuff, Steel or Aluminum is still the way to go...

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
Good carbon is fantastic, but there are very few worthwhile carbon frames on the market.

The price difference between a top perfoming bike made out of Aluminum or Steel v. Carbon is pretty astronomical. Quite simply, for people who race, and actually buy their own stuff, Steel or Aluminum is still the way to go...
Good thoughts; I think I am in agreement. If you can get a nice aluminum frame to near 1000 grams for $850, can't beat that for normal racer/rider types.

New website looks a lot better than the old one.

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Won't a solid post on an alum. road frame kick your a**? I know on steel bikes it has flex that gives the bike a cushy ride...