Quantcast

Two down one to go!!!

dhtahoe

I LOVE NORBA!!!!
Feb 4, 2002
Flying Low Living Fast
The race airplane I work on Rare Bear set fastest qualifier at the Reno air races this week at an AVERAGE course speed of 470.2 mph. Friday she won the gold race by a country mile, and today she lapped half the field.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
BigMike said:
I have no idea what you are talking about, but it sounds cool :thumb:
Extremely fast airplanes racing very very fast. I've never seen them in person but on video it looks way cool. You should hear the motors on these things.

Congrats dhtahoe! Looks like that hard work is seriously paying off. That's one dang fast plane!

HRDTLBRO

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2004
Apt. 421
Congrats man! I'd like to come out next year and shoot some film for the races. What's the prop hp on that big radial?

dhtahoe

I LOVE NORBA!!!!
Feb 4, 2002
Flying Low Living Fast
HRDTLBRO said:
Congrats man! I'd like to come out next year and shoot some film for the races. What's the prop hp on that big radial?
About 4500 before the NOS.

We won todays gold final and it looks like I will be named the crew chief for next season. The only bad thing is that now I must retire from racing DH. Oh well not like a 33 year old mid pack pro has a long shelf life. It has been a great ten year haul on the NORBA circuit.

P.S. Hey Stickman... This is how I measure success... If you ever go to the Air and Space museum and see the Rare Bear with my name on it you can eat your words on what a two time loser I WAS :sneaky: