Quantcast

% Two dray %

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
croissants...hot chocolate....morning dump....

covid stuff to open...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
People complaining about rising gas prices and I've over here like I just filled up my tank for the first time in six weeks and I am cool with that.
c-car? mine was buried in snow for the entire month of february. i kept it in the driveway because it was that much less snow to shovel.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
c-car? mine was buried in snow for the entire month of february. i kept it in the driveway because it was that much less snow to shovel.
I just don't go anywhere. I am quite comfortable being sheltered down in my house. Pre-China flu, I'd fill my gas tank twice a week. I estimate I have saved $3000 the past year by not having to buy gas.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I just don't go anywhere. I am quite comfortable being sheltered down in my house. Pre-China flu, I'd fill my gas tank twice a week. I estimate I have saved $3000 the past year by not having to buy gas.
this is the age for introverts. seriously though when i do go somewhere we just take my wifes car. my cars battery is probably dead by now. i used to fill my car weekly. but that's offset by the increased electric charges from being home all the time now.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Woke up this morning feeling quite unwell. I got out of my morning pattern yesterday and somehow missed my drugs. I wasn't feels great yesterday (little loopy) but didn't think anything of it. I was up at 5am and barely able to move forward properly. Took my drugs a bit early to try and get my base drug levels back to proper in my system; I'm getting there but still pretty loopy. Making for a rough morning so far...

Work this am, afternoon is pretty open. Going to try and get a few lengths of baseboard in before it starts snowing later this week.

Got passed up for second interview. Sounds like two people that are still in it are coming from the same, but a more junior position.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
in other news, i have acquired a preamp. a buddy of mine randomly had 2, sent me one for the cost of shipping. now i have reason to setup my 7.1 system in the basement again.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. Had a vivid dream where I was trying to find a parking garage apparently under an amusement park but then I woke up and I was just in my bed. Brain is still a little confused about all this

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
On the upside, new-to-me hardshell ski jacket arrives a day early. I guess there were no trains to deal with between California and Colorado?

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
dear UPS

how the fuck does a package sent 2 day air get delayed by a train derailment?????

:rant:
i deal with distribution logistics at work, there's no reason rail freight should interfere with a single parcel air shipment
Intermodal hubs? Air->rail->truck for last mile? Or a rail derailment has led to backups at air facility?

anyways... Is it bad that I'm really liking Boston (the band) these days? After I drop the kids off at school, I walk home (about 20 minutes) and listen to some tunes. It was warm and sunny today, had my jacket open and I was really digging Boston... put me in a happy place!

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
G'Morning. A day of mainly administrative BS ahead of me. The only bright points on the horizon are getting to evaluate a new hop coming out of the breeding program and putting together a brew to best showcase it, and an after-work road ride on the the new bike. Not crazy about road rides, but everything else is still sloppy

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
that reminds me, i have all my old calvin and hobbes books stored away, i should get them out for my son now that he's 6.
Was just telling my wife that we need the Calvin & Hobbes collective for our hypothetical child. I have fantastic memories from my youth reading those and thinking back on all of the nuggets of wisdom hidden in a child's experiences.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Was just telling my wife that we need the Calvin & Hobbes collective for our hypothetical child. I have fantastic memories from my youth reading those and thinking back on all of the nuggets of wisdom hidden in a child's experiences.
My mom gave me The Complete Calvin and Hobbes for Christmas. My kids can't stop reading them. They keep pointing out strips where Calvin's dad is acting like me. I tell them that everything I know about being a dad I learned from those strips.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i acquired them all as a kid, including a few of the compilations. saving them was a good choice.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
My mom gave me The Complete Calvin and Hobbes for Christmas. My kids can't stop reading them. They keep pointing out strips where Calvin's dad is acting like me. I tell them that everything I know about being a dad I learned from those strips.
i'm sure my son will do that as well.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
almost forgot the funnest part of my morning was when i opened the door to take the kids to school and almost stepped on a fully decapitated bunny that our cat went full murderdeathkill on last night. please don't tell syadasti. :rofl: