Quantcast

% Two dray %

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Got up early to make a modified Beef Bourguignon in the slow cooker. It should be ready to eat when I get home from work

It was tasty but too broth like (thin) for my liking. I don't care for using flour as a thickener, it adds no soul to the dish. I wanted to use corn meal but got over ruled. Afterwards she admitted that she was wrong and would stay out of my way when I'm cooking.
IMG_20210309_180833294~2.jpg

Last edited:

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
OCD level ???

Machining little trays to fit the stupid little component-specific setup and adjustment guides/tools/adapters

(Have to square out the corners of the Code RSC plunger guide tomorrow)
IMG_20210309_180630956_resize_64.jpg

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
oh i've heard all about that-basically projections of his paintings in big warehouse rooms at camp northend...billed as "art" and i guess on some level it is, as far as being an aesthetic experience that the masses will lap up, but really has not much to do with the artist himself and what it's like to see the things that he actually created in the way that he would have intended them to be seen and interpreted. but i'm sure it'll be super popular.

in other news, ditching work tomorrow and heading for the hills. 65* and sunny in the mtns...fuck yeah.

Last edited:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
oh i've heard all about that-basically projections of his paintings in big warehouse rooms at camp northend...billed as "art" and i guess on some level it is, as far as being an aesthetic experience that the masses will lap up, but really has not much to do with the artist himself and what it's like to see the things that he actually created in the way that he would have intended them to be seen and interpreted. but i'm sure it'll be super popular.

in other news, ditching work tomorrow and heading for the hills. 65* and sunny in the mtns...fuck yeah.
Maybe I was too young (it was on a grade 11 high school trip to the Musée d'Orsay), but I did not really "get" his paintings. And there's plenty of context there to appreciate them I think. I was impressed by Rodin's sculptures, and the Nyphéas across the street more. Would be interesting to go back at more than double the age to see if my perspective has changed.

Another one I didn't get was Gaugin. It was freakin creepy. And also a lot awkward as I was a 14 year-old there with my dad...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

i've been getting ads for it since its coming to Philly as well. it'd probably something cool to do if it were non-covid times, but having been to the Van Gogh Museum in Amsterdam... pass.