Quantcast

Two-Fer-Tuesday

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Can‘t sleep. Up going over possibilities of a neurological issue I have been having lately, and evidence is pointing to something called Tardive Dyskinesia.
probably tied in to the cocktail of various drugs I am on. I hate them, but they have saved my life. This condition is also often brought on by stress, which I have had gobs and gobs and gobs of in the last year, but I actually feel fairly calm about the ‘Big Picture’ things in my life.
just spinning away for three hours at a time on a trainer is helping a little, but not enough.
Sobriety is a bitch sometimes too, but I would not have kept my shit together the last year and a half if I was on the sauce!
Godspeed, sleeping Angels!

Can‘t sleep. Up going over possibilities of a neurological issue I have been having lately, and evidence is pointing to something called Tardive Dyskinesia.
probably tied in to the cocktail of various drugs I am on. I hate them, but they have saved my life. This condition is also often brought on by stress, which I have had gobs and gobs and gobs of in the last year, but I actually feel fairly calm about the ‘Big Picture’ things in my life.
just spinning away for three hours at a time on a trainer is helping a little, but not enough.
Sobriety is a bitch sometimes too, but I would not have kept my shit together the last year and a half if I was on the sauce!
Good luck and good morning! :wave:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
at least its not these guys:

1706612958950.png

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
I did not want to get up at 0415 but there I was. Last day of nice weather then it's atmospheric river time for at least 5 days. We go under a flood and high wind watch starting tonight. The forecast is for 6 to 8 inches of rain in the hills and 3-4 in town with winds up to 45 miles an hour. Should be fun,,,,not

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Six hours of sleep might be good for some of you psychos, but for me it makes for a rough following day. :dead: I picked up Wife at the airport at midnight and now I have tired. I'm glad it's another WFH day. And the Wordle was an asshole this morning.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Six hours of sleep might be good for some of you psychos, but for me it makes for a rough following day. :dead: I picked up Wife at the airport at midnight and now I have tired. I'm glad it's another WFH day. And the Wordle was an asshole this morning.
Didn't know what time to wave as she drove past :(

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
One day at a time brother.

:wave: French Press, blah, blah blah.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Looks like I landed an extra consulting gig besides my main job. If it works out I could end up being back around the same salary I made before.
for less work I hope....

planning a lunch sneak today. finally a bit colder, so the "snow" will have hardened and frozen up. I'll be able to put the new studded tires on my fat bike to the test.

it's been a 3 espresso kind of morning... but at least the sun is shining.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Hey gang!

Back to work. Played in traffic this morning. That sucked. May have been the longest drive in so far. Boy am I hacking up a lung though, turns out all the chowder floating around in my lungs has to come up some time. I managed to spin for 30 minutes this morning which felt pretty good, but is probably contributing to the chungus amungus.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
for less work I hope....

planning a lunch sneak today. finally a bit colder, so the "snow" will have hardened and frozen up. I'll be able to put the new studded tires on my fat bike to the test.

it's been a 3 espresso kind of morning... but at least the sun is shining.
I think the amount of work is not sure important its more I have all the freedom I need. I am the boss and I control my hours. When its like that then work is a lot more fun and I can pick challenges I like not some idiot boss I have to deal with.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
decided to convert my tires to tubeless ahead of my ride. it was the easiest conversion I've ever done. Seems like after - what 20 years?! - I've finally figured out the least painful process. it's two steps: install with a tube to seat and let rest for at least a day (in this case a month?!). then it's as easy as unseat one bead, rip out the tube, install valve w/out stem, pour in Stans, install the bead, spray unseated side with a soapy-watery mixture, hit with the compressor, put finger over valve as air rushes out and screw in core. and walla! tubeless tire. hoping the ride in an hour sloshes the Stans around to seal it all up. I think I did both tires in 20 minutes. fingers crossed it holds.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
decided to convert my tires to tubeless ahead of my ride. it was the easiest conversion I've ever done. Seems like after - what 20 years?! - I've finally figured out the least painful process. it's two steps: install with a tube to seat and let rest for at least a day (in this case a month?!). then it's as easy as unseat one bead, rip out the tube, install valve w/out stem, pour in Stans, install the bead, spray unseated side with a soapy-watery mixture, hit with the compressor, put finger over valve as air rushes out and screw in core. and walla! tubeless tire. hoping the ride in an hour sloshes the Stans around to seal it all up. I think I did both tires in 20 minutes. fingers crossed it holds.
i use the tube trick to install cush core, but generally speaking just blasting the empty tire onto the bead with my air compressor is sufficient.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
:wave:

Not sure what I am up to today. I really need to figure out why my forklift runs like shit. Maybe I'll mess with that. Need to move bigger skid steer to main farm too, have 100 tons of lime stone coming tomorrow.

Traffic was a total bitch this morning. . . lol jk it wasn't.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
just when I think you couldn’t be any dumber, you go and do something like this and totally redeem yourself!

good morning gents, I suppose you are all wondering why I called this meeting. Was hoping we could circle back, touch base and possibly take a deep dive into some core competencies for the end game and wrap up this brain dump so we can purge some actionable items in our bandwidth.

nah, I got nothin, still waiting on the county and the surveyor.

in other news,

found me a dual grade jobsite laser on marketplace that took me to the big boss of cat lady’s

Last edited:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

Tis an ice sheet out there. Threw down a good 8 lbs of salt and it barely made a dent.

Had to bust out the router last night, I forgot what a mess those made. Even with the vacuum going it was chucking rooster tails all over the joint.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
i use the tube trick to install cush core, but generally speaking just blasting the empty tire onto the bead with my air compressor is sufficient.
agreed. but I hate when the "generally speaking" doesn't pan out and I have to backtrack and start certain steps all over again... I think moving forward, this is what I'm going to do systematically... there might be a few unnecessary steps in there for most cases, but I think they make up for lost time and frustration for when they turn out to be necessary...

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada

Tis an ice sheet out there. Threw down a good 8 lbs of salt and it barely made a dent.

Had to bust out the router last night, I forgot what a mess those made. Even with the vacuum going it was chucking rooster tails all over the joint.
using a router on driveway ice?! needs video...

:D

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
just when I think you couldn’t be any dumber, you go and do something like this and totally redeem yourself!

good morning gents, I suppose you are all wondering why I called this meeting. Was hoping we could circle back, touch base and possibly take a deep dive into some core competencies for the end game and wrap up this brain dump so we can some actionable items in our bandwidth.

nah, I got nothin, still waiting on the county and the surveyor.

in other news,

found me a dual grade jobsite laser on marketplace that took me to the big boss of cat lady’s
Thanks for reaching out with a synergistic approach.