Quantcast

## Two is day ##

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I have to submit a request and show business need to have IT install Notepad++, this is my life, now.

I may be able to mess with production banking servers, but installing apps on my workstation is too risky. :rofl:
Good! I mean its not you that the support people have to worry about, its the others that try to use the dvd tray as a cup holder.

No one here has any sort of admin rights on their computers, BUT, being pushed from the top is a solution to provide one day admin privileges to users on their computers. We've worked to get rid of it, just to give that ability right back. :crazy::rofl: At least now, if someone installs something illegally, we now have it on record that they had the ability to do so.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
if your M is stanced, red & has a monster sticker on the read window i saw you yesterday
No. Anthricite grey, visibly totally stock (ex. hub studs vs. bolts) with a Cal and 70.3 sticker on the rear window. It's clean and discreet and stuck in my garage. But on a positive note, my ignition coil showed up yesterday!

I have to submit a request and show business need to have IT install Notepad++, this is my life, now.

I may be able to mess with production banking servers, but installing apps on my workstation is too risky. :rofl:
what.the.fuck...

Just ate lunch while JetBlue continues to delay my flight, had a good conversation with a chica who lives in the Cayman Islands, she's in the IT zoo and hates it.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Good! I mean its not you that the support people have to worry about, its the others that try to use the dvd tray as a cup holder.

No one here has any sort of admin rights on their computers, BUT, being pushed from the top is a solution to provide one day admin privileges to users on their computers. We've worked to get rid of it, just to give that ability right back. :crazy::rofl: At least now, if someone installs something illegally, we now have it on record that they had the ability to do so.
Look, I get it. I did Netscape tech support in my youth and know what stupidity is capable of. But any engineer who can't manage his own workstation maybe shouldn't be an engineer.

I don't have admin on my VM, either. Because we ALL know how tough virtual computers can be.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Well Engineer is a broad term, based on my experience here.......they shouldn't even have computers. :busted::busted::busted:
Ok, I am a Quality Assurance Automaton Engineer. If I fail at my job, your site is f'ed and my laptop will be the least of your concerns. :panic:

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Fucking Nexus 6p is stuck looping the boot screen. Apparently this is a well known issue between the hardware and a new Android update. How the fuck does this happen Google? You have fucking AI!

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
All the condiments i'd planned on using for my lunch are over at the terminal. :(
just think...you could be in philly where that southwest flight landed with the exploding engine and the passenger who got halfway sucked out of the plane....

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Fucking Nexus 6p is stuck looping the boot screen. Apparently this is a well known issue between the hardware and a new Android update. How the fuck does this happen Google? You have fucking AI!
your 6P has been selected for obsolescence

signed fellow 6P owner
My Nexus 6 still be like :rockout:

A buddy has a 6p, has a battery life of about 45 seconds. He's pretty pissed about it.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
you sound like you are from the south or some shit......i hope when you look for mayo you don't ask for Dukes....
Duke's...Fuck Yeah !!

click image to make huge. Go on you know you wanna.

I may not be the best Southerner, but I know the deal when it comes to mayo.

I hope your Secret Santa gets you tickets to your favorite, obscure indy band and a case of Duke's for Christmas.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Mayo is one of those things that makes me almost gag, while its in the jar. But put it on a chicken sandwich.... :drool:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
you sound like you are from the south or some shit......i hope when you look for mayo you don't ask for Dukes....
Duke's...Fuck Yeah !!

click image to make huge. Go on you know you wanna.

I may not be the best Southerner, but I know the deal when it comes to mayo.

I hope your Secret Santa gets you tickets to your favorite, obscure indy band and a case of Duke's for Christmas.
I've never even heard of Dukes......