Quantcast

**^* Two is day *^**

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Alive... but kinda wishing not.
Had a bad head night, spent most of it curled into a ball with tears running down my face.
I bloody hate this shit, 8 years of chronic headache, I am getting so fucking tired.
That seems to le suck big time. If you know, what is the reason for those headaches?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Trying new school method with Haley after discussions with Gifted & Talented (GTE) counselor, school counselor, and teacher. She is now officially only doing PE, Art, and Music with the rest of her class. Everything else is on a different or advanced level to keep her interested and involved. We're pretty sure that she is ADHD and has slightly excessive emotional levels beyond what is attached to most GTE kids when they are not absorbed in their schooling.

So far today went well with only one breakdown during writing. She's off playing with the neighbor girls and has math later today still...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Here. Trying new school method with Haley after discussions with Gifted & Talented (GTE) counselor, school counselor, and teacher. She is now officially only doing PE, Art, and Music with the rest of her class. Everything else is on a different or advanced level to keep her interested and involved. We're pretty sure that she is ADHD and has slightly excessive emotional levels beyond what is attached to most GTE kids when they are not absorbed in their schooling.

So far today went well with only one breakdown during writing. She's off playing with the neighbor girls and has math later today still...
we need to compare notes.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
That seems to le suck big time. If you know, what is the reason for those headaches?
Traumatic Brain Injury --> Concussion headache.
8 years ago was in two back to back car accidents. Idiot turning left against a red and then I found the farmers lost cow. Pain is pretty constant with some nice spikes. Last few days have been particularly bad on the spike roller-coaster.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Traumatic Brain Injury --> Concussion headache.
8 years ago was in two back to back car accidents. Idiot turning left against a red and then I found the farmers lost cow. Pain is pretty constant with some nice spikes. Last few days have been particularly bad on the spike roller-coaster.
Anything in particular that triggers those spikes? Like stress or something?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
@Westy you mentioned you had some extra cash from these lush Boeing pre-COVID years. Time to pony up for something cool!

I sold off my Concorde a few years ago when fuel prices were high.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
@Westy you mentioned you had some extra cash from these lush Boeing pre-COVID years. Time to pony up for something cool!

You mean you are not going to upgrade your e-bike ? Come on man, think of all the time you’ll save on your morning bike commute.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Anything in particular that triggers those spikes? Like stress or something?

Pretty random. I did the diary thing for a couple of years and no pattern emerged that I could find. There are things that seem to influence them in a general way, like stress as you mention.

I actually have the odd day that I am pain free - maybe a couple/three days a month. Other times like the last few days, is the opposite, with pretty much no relief.

The constant weather changes, from freezing and snow to 21/70 and sun and back and forth are one of the things that seem to aggravate them.

Biggest problem is Doc's did some med changes over the winter that were not fun. Some pretty major side effects so fitness took a huge hit - much more than it usually does in the winter. I have found that up to a point the better shape I'm in the less pain, but it gets to a point that further fitness gains provide no additional pain reduction.

Local trail systems are not open, so riding is pretty much wet clay based ATV trails or rail trails. Both basically suck for opposite reasons, so getting some motivation to ride when I feel up to it has been proving to be a bit tough.

Fitness is coming back but very slowly. I have to be careful how hard I push as it does have consequences pain wise. Hell, even when I am in shape - a day playing on the big bike at Blue involves 6+ hours of driving plus riding time, so a long day. This will usually lay me out pretty hard for 1-2 days afterward.

Ya wanna play, ya gotta pay.

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Alive... but kinda wishing not.
Had a bad head night, spent most of it curled into a ball with tears running down my face.
I bloody hate this shit, 8 years of chronic headache, I am getting so fucking tired.
Hang in there.

Will you be coming up to Horseshoe at all with Blue being out?

Few of us are looking at camping at or near Sir Sam's and doing some shuttling...

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Hang in there.

Will you be coming up to Horseshoe at all with Blue being out?

Few of us are looking at camping at or near Sir Sam's and doing some shuttling...
If horseshoe is running I will be up.
The Avy cartridge from the big bike is with Craig as we speak getting a re-tune for my shrinking balls / slowing ass, and I sure as shit will want to give it a thorough test.

Sir Sams camping / shuttle-runs maybe of interest - I will float the idea with teh crew.

Has there been any word out of Bromont yet?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
If horseshoe is running I will be up.
The Avy cartridge from the big bike is with Craig as we speak getting a re-tune for my shrinking balls / slowing ass, and I sure as shit will want to give it a thorough test.

Sir Sams camping / shuttle-runs maybe of interest - I will float the idea with teh crew.

Has there been any word out of Bromont yet?
I'll see ya at horseshoe! My home away from home is across the street in Copeland forest.

Haven't really researched bromont yet. The town itself is still under lockdown as far as I can tell.

Maybe we'll know more when we can cross the Quebec border. @slyfink hows Ottawa?

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
MEH. forced 10yo to do his work; did a bit of my own. ran into the office to print/scan/grab various things. got halfway home and realized i left my laptop, but building is closed until tomorrow. kids were being spazzy. wife and i abandoned them and took dogs for walk while drinking g&t's. ran by friends house and grabbed proper sized chamferless socket. removed damper from fork #1, currently drinking a beer and disassembling fork #2.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Just closed the work PC only to open it tomorrow at 7:15AM again. Beer now, bed soon.
Also, cooked me a burger for dinner tonight, the first one after 8 or 9 weeks of hiding indoors. It was the best tasting burger ever.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Pretty random. I did the diary thing for a couple of years and no pattern emerged that I could find. There are things that seem to influence them in a general way, like stress as you mention.

I actually have the odd day that I am pain free - maybe a couple/three days a month. Other times like the last few days, is the opposite, with pretty much no relief.

The constant weather changes, from freezing and snow to 21/70 and sun and back and forth are one of the things that seem to aggravate them.

Biggest problem is Doc's did some med changes over the winter that were not fun. Some pretty major side effects so fitness took a huge hit - much more than it usually does in the winter. I have found that up to a point the better shape I'm in the less pain, but it gets to a point that further fitness gains provide no additional pain reduction.

Local trail systems are not open, so riding is pretty much wet clay based ATV trails or rail trails. Both basically suck for opposite reasons, so getting some motivation to ride when I feel up to it has been proving to be a bit tough.

Fitness is coming back but very slowly. I have to be careful how hard I push as it does have consequences pain wise. Hell, even when I am in shape - a day playing on the big bike at Blue involves 6+ hours of driving plus riding time, so a long day. This will usually lay me out pretty hard for 1-2 days afterward.

Ya wanna play, ya gotta pay.
I know that this is a long shot but I used to have these crushing migraines that would hit all the time. I was at the dentists and told him about how it felt like an ice pick being stuck in the front of my brain. He did a full panorama of my teeth and found that I had a fractured upper molar whose root suck into my sinus cavity. It was letting bacteria from my mouth into my sinus nerves and the inflammation was triggering the migraines. He pulled the tooth ( I now have a dental implant there) and I have not had a migraine since. Another buddy was having the same issue and got checked and they did the same thing and now he is migraine free. might be worth checking out

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
I know that this is a long shot but I used to have these crushing migraines that would hit all the time. I was at the dentists and told him about how it felt like an ice pick being stuck in the front of my brain. He did a full panorama of my teeth and found that I had a fractured upper molar whose root suck into my sinus cavity. It was letting bacteria from my mouth into my sinus nerves and the inflammation was triggering the migraines. He pulled the tooth ( I now have a dental implant there) and I have not had a migraine since. Another buddy was having the same issue and got checked and they did the same thing and now he is migraine free. might be worth checking out
Thanks for the tip.
In my case, I think I'm good.
Our dental insurance allows a full set of x-rays every couple of years, so have been regularly checked.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I'll see ya at horseshoe! My home away from home is across the street in Copeland forest.

Haven't really researched bromont yet. The town itself is still under lockdown as far as I can tell.

Maybe we'll know more when we can cross the Quebec border. @slyfink hows Ottawa?
Trails are in great shape. I hadn't realized how dry this spring has been. Kanata Lakes is running great, and I'm discovering new offshoots all the time. Gatineau Park is also running great, only problem is the parking lots are closed, and more importantly, Ontarians still can't cross the border into Gatineau. I was able to ride there from home this weekend, police at the checkpoints didn't seem concerned with bikers and pedestrians, only cars. It was fantastic to be on those trails again.

I think the border in Gatineau is the only place checkpoints remain in all of Quebec. My wife went to Montreal on Monday after her dad passed away, and wasn't stopped. I am going to drive there with my kids on Friday for the burial. I don't foresee any issues getting across the border there.