Quantcast

Two more Camera questions

mtbpaint1

Monkey
Apr 25, 2005
University of Connecticut
1. I have a Fuji S5100 and hate how whenever i take a pic it shows the pic i just took before i can take another. Is there anyway i can make this not happen? Yes i tried the manual not really good with those things

2.What do i need to get a wireless flash, what's a hotshoe? Can someone make a list ive got money to spend (graduation) and just need to know what i need to buy.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
1) seriously, read your manual again. look for "image review" or something like that. definitely should be possible to turn that off or to a shorter time period.

2) does your camera have a metal thing on the top that looks like this?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
The S5100 doesn't have a hot shoe, so you're stuck with the internal flash. Sorry, but that's very common with sub $500 cameras.

As Toshi said, there should be a menu item about image review and it should be in your manual.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
"Rays of light"?

Do you mean, when you shoot facing the sun or something, you get funny light spots or lines in your image?

I actually went and checked DP review for you just because I'm feeling very unproductive. Yes, I know I'm encouraging laziness :p. Go into your setup menu. On the first tab (#1), there's a function called Image Disp. - turn that off and see if it solves your problem with the picture delays.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
mtbpaint1 said:
ANOTHER QUESTION

the manual says i cant use the built in flash with the fisheye on. Well whenever i take the flash off i cant take moving shots with the fisheye on. Damn it!
So, what part of that actually constitutes a question?

DHracer1067

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2003
somewhere really ****ty
mtbpaint1 said:
ONE MORE THING
I hate those stupid rays of light that are always getting in my shots, how do i get ride of them?
You would be talking about lens flair right.(example at bottom) Im not really sure how to not get that besides not pointing the lens into the light. I think some lenses might be more prone to having alot of lens flair than others. If its a night shot like at a skatepark like my example then it would be easy to get rid of. Just use a brush in photoshop and go over it to match the sky around it.

Also heres a pretty extreme example of it. http://www.lightworkdesign.com/pix/lens_flare_shader_400.jpg

mtbpaint1

Monkey
Apr 25, 2005
alright thanks for alll your help.

I got the image display thing off thanks Binary

if hoods are universal im going to get one and throw it on see if that works

im buying photoshop elements today. I was almost a lame ass and used limewire to get it but that was to confusing so im going to buy it

**** i cant get a wireless flash. Well maybe i'll just buy a flash attachment (one of those flashes that connects to where the tripod connects to

The manual says "the built in flash cannot be used when the wide conversion lens is mounted" than how do i take pictures of things moving...such as riding

also says "only used the wide conversion lens at the wide agnle zoom setting" yet it doesnt say how do get the setting setted. DAMN

mtbpaint1

Monkey
Apr 25, 2005
so if i get that that wireless flash from Ritzcamera.com i dont need anything special on my camera to make it work?

im really not that learned about the whole camera thing...but i like takin the pics

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
You really need to settle down and do a little reading. Start with your camera's manual. Read it from cover to cover.

"Wide angle zoom setting" just means zoomed all the way out.

You can't use the built in flash when the wide angle lens is attached because the lens physically blocks part of the flash. So you need to take wide angle pictures in good light where you don't need a flash.

The flashes that use brackets that screw into the tripod mount still require a hot shoe in order to function. Your only option here is a wireless slave flash like merrrrjig suggested. They're not all that great since they supply no metering whatsoever, but they'd work in a pinch.

Oct 26, 2001
God Hole NC
The other thing about getting a wireless slave flash is if you will have to use your built in flash to set it off. So when you use the wireless flash with the fisheye, you may get a dark area from the shadow cast by the fisheye.
Good luck with it :)

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
mtbpaint1 said:
the fisheye doesnt cover the built in flash though.........................

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=48515&item=7526781030&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Well according to that guy THAT thing can go on my camera. hehehehehehehehe
That is nothing more than a slave flash, just like merrrrjig linked. The only difference is that one comes with a mounting bracket.

The wide angle lens doesn't cover the actual flash bulb itself, but it's big enough that you'll get a nice big shadow area at the bottom of your pictures when the flash goes off. Try it.