Quantcast

<Two> Stay <owT>

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Got to the trailhead at LDT this morning only to discover I forgot my fucking helmet.:banghead:

Met a friend there who drove a good hour so kept it easy and rode flat single track and double track sans helmet. Didn't die, but will definitely not do that again if I can help it.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Don't you have an extra set of wheels? Or do you constantly swap tires?
I'm guessing he has DT swap wheels for him. Can't risk manual labor!
Yeah, Land Cruiser has two distinct sets of wheels/tires/TPMS sensors. (And no, the second S is not redundant: system/sensor.)

The vehicle is so high that I'd have to use the factory super-extending jack, which takes a long-ass time. And DT will swap for free and is a mile from work, so why not?

Minivan gets the tires mounted/remounted ad infinitum, on the other hand.

Hello monkeys, I let my mouse run out of charge so I plugged it in. Work. Its hard.
Hello there fren

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Got to the trailhead at LDT this morning only to discover I forgot my fucking helmet.:banghead:

Met a friend there who drove a good hour so kept it easy and rode flat single track and double track sans helmet. Didn't die, but will definitely not do that again if I can help it.
Last year I realized I forgot clipless shoes on the way to snowshoe for the WC. Oops.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

We've all done it...

Last year I realized I forgot clipless shoes on the way to snowshoe for the WC. Oops.
We've all done it

Got a cat castle from the adoption group last night. It's been popular.

View attachment 151450View attachment 151451
EMjOqou6VPxjG.gif

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Ever gotten up super early for a ride, pack every thing up and start to pull out of the driveway, only to realize oh hey almost forgot the damn bike!

Yep...

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
bwahaha...i've been so excited to get into a shuttle that i've left my helmet in my car multiple times. also have ridden in flip flops one time and khaki pants from work another. flip flop ride was definitely the scariest.
1. packed up the DHR in my trunk and got to Trestle, forgetting my rear axle
2. showed up for a ride in slip-on Vans. I rode, but it hurt like a mofo.
3. got to the ski hill to find my bag half full; no jacket, no helmet, no goggles

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I think the front one leaks a little when it sits, but they've been good enough for fat biking. Any sort of power in them just locks up the wheels on the snow anyways.
this makes me sad. and is why we can't have nice things.

I think I'll just stick to Magura I guess. When I travel to and from the trails with the lardass bike, it goes inside the car. I don't want to deal with having to pump up the levers to get them to function properly.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
this makes me sad. and is why we can't have nice things.

I think I'll just stick to Magura I guess. When I travel to and from the trails with the lardass bike, it goes inside the car. I don't want to deal with having to pump up the levers to get them to function properly.
I don't actually know if the one leaks, but I changed the pads twice last winter. Now let me just say, that I am in fact an idiot. Why? I put metal pads in there, but only realized at the end of last winter that the rotors are labeled as "organic pads only". Maybe doing that makes the pads turn to shit and squeal like they are trying to self eject?

My old Saint brakes 100% leaked. Those things were dangerous if I didn't ride that bike for a month.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
apparently me end of year self performance evaluation is due by end of day. thanks for telling us with less than 2 hours remaining, upper mgmt.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Lots to do for work, but the advantage of home office is that I was able to sneak out for a ride in the afternoon. Now back at it again.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
apparently me end of year self performance evaluation is due by end of day. thanks for telling us with less than 2 hours remaining, upper mgmt.
It only really matters when HR starts complaining.

::edit:: and looking at my email, it appears my HR already has. Apparently its due on Friday. :D

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
It only really matters when HR starts complaining.

::edit:: and looking at my email, it appears my HR already has. Apparently its due on Friday. :D
Hmmm........ This reminds me, I was supposed to have one of these while I was on furlough........

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I haven't had a single one on one conversation with my boss this whole year, despite actually requesting it several times. He basically just says he trusts me so no need for regular feedback. Finally had something setup, he blew me off. I tried to rescheduled, was blown off again. The way I see it, I get to do 100% of my performance review this year.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I haven't had a single one on one conversation with my boss this whole year, despite actually requesting it several times. He basically just says he trusts me so no need for regular feedback. Finally had something setup, he blew me off. I tried to rescheduled, was blown off again. The way I see it, I get to do 100% of my performance review this year.
You're doing great, champ. :thumb:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Still trying to find the creak on my bike. Not sure if related yet, but I found one of the lower link pivot axles is seized in the bearings. My small and medium hammer didn't budge it. Fack. :(
Tried the bigger hammer and no go.

Decided to try to press the axle out - nope, the bearing started to come with it. Crossed my fingers and pushed it all back in.

So I guess I'm ordering a new axle kit. Fml. Or maybe its the same size as the broken frame sitting on the shelf here?

New frame time? Maybe?

But hey at least the creak is gone, for now.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Tried the bigger hammer and no go.

Decided to try to press the axle out - nope, the bearing started to come with it. Crossed my fingers and pushed it all back in.

So I guess I'm ordering a new axle kit. Fml. Or maybe its the same size as the broken frame sitting on the shelf here?

New frame time? Maybe?

But hey at least the creak is gone, for now.
Moar bigger hammer