Quantcast

>>> Two Stay <<<

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Replacing the furnace and ac as they are 40 years old. Not in a big hurry as the still work. Have a couple of quotes. One guy has disqualified himself by not giving us the unit specs and wants to charge us more for a lower end unit than the other guys higher end. Reeks of a used car salesman type of guy. Wife is raking him over the coals. I'm just enjoying watching her rip him a new one.

Same shit at work. At least it's low 90s as opposed to 103 yesterday.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Replacing the furnace and ac as they are 40 years old. Not in a big hurry as the still work. Have a couple of quotes. One guy has disqualified himself by not giving us the unit specs and wants to charge us more for a lower end unit than the other guys higher end. Reeks of a used car salesman type of guy. Wife is raking him over the coals. I'm just enjoying watching her rip him a new one.

Same shit at work. At least it's low 90s as opposed to 103 yesterday.
You going heat pump?

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
At least I am working from home today, dog had explosive bloody diarrhea last night and I am keeping a close eye on him, not to mention I don't want to leave him home locked up inside, don't need that mess to clean up.
ahem

having cleaned up after too many parvo dogs to count.

no fun.

get well pooch.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Prep to replace the sliding door has taken an unwelcomed turn. Bottom 5" of the king and jack studs on one side are crumbling. Not insurmountable by any means, just means it'll take longer and be more invasive.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Getting asked again about numbers in an email chain that’s contained the numbers since late 2023 with multiple confirmations that the numbers haven’t changed.
Per my last 100 emails…

Rode with @Bunnista on some unfamiliar trails. She got there late so I took a ride, noticed a maybe 20' steep roller with a little bit of a stepup on the top. When we repeated. I hit the stepup and roller, realizing on the way down that it inded in maybe a 15' flat straight into a 90 degree turn. I went down hard, gouging right forearm and knee.

We finished the ride and I decided to go to the Mad Taco for food and drink. Bartender was an attractive skinny tattooed woman. she took to talking about new ink on her arm with another customer. I said here's my new ink and raised the injured arm. She recoiled, but got the joke.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
wifey ran the numbers. She has a set budget. we are working within those parameters. given that I would let the old system run until it died, she has other plans. She makes the $$ and will get what she wants. I'm just along for the ride

as it is the max our utility bill gets in the summer is $300 a month and it drops to $100 in the winter.

in two weeks all the exterior walls are going to get blow in insulation. The house was built in 1971 and had no wall insulation and R9 in the ceiling (ceiling is now R30) and the house is only 1650 sq feet

Last edited:
Rode with @Bunnista on some unfamiliar trails. She got there late so I took a ride, noticed a maybe 20' steep roller with a little bit of a stepup on the top. When we repeated. I hit the stepup and roller, realizing on the way down that it inded in maybe a 15' flat straight into a 90 degree turn. I went down hard, gouging right forearm and knee.

We finished the ride and I decided to go to the Mad Taco for food and drink. Bartender was an attractive skinny tattooed woman. she took to talking about new ink on her arm with another customer. I said here's my new ink and raised the injured arm. She recoiled, but got the joke.
Should have said rock face, not roller.