Quantcast

Two Stolen Mtn Bikes

2stolenMTBs

Chimp
Jan 5, 2011
Stolen mtn bikes: 2 stolen mtn bikes both specialized.

Specialized 2009 Epic Marathon: s# 04090110647
Silver and blue
Size: medium
Bontrager handle bar.
Mavic crossmax wheel set with WTB Weirwolf tires 2.2
Computer on the Handle Bars
Avid Juicy brakes, Sram shifters and rear derailleurs, Shimano Deore XT cranks, XTR casset and pedals, Rock Shock fork, Thompson seat post, black saddle, Specialized saddle bag.
Four stickers: one on the head tube: Adopt dog, top tube Nitro Fish and back of seat post small Adopt dog.

Specialized 2008 epic marathon: s# 0304008135943
Black and white.
Size: medium
Bontrager race lite stem
Mavic crossmax wheel set with KENDA small block 8
Carbon S-works handle bar and S-works bar ends.
Computer holder on stem.
Red Magura brakes, Sram shifters and rear derailleurs, Shimano Deore XT cranks, XTR Casset, XTR pedals, Fox fork, Thompson seat post, white saddle.
three stickers: head tube large Adopt dog and seat post Adopt dog sticker.
Down tube: rub marks under neither.

Contact Asheville Police Dept. 828.252.1110
Case # 11-000103

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
What kind of thieving are we talking? Break in to a garage, hi tech thievery or climbing up a balcony to a second floor terrace?

You know...druggies versus actual thieves?

I'll try to keep an eye out on regional craigslist.

2stolenMTBs

Chimp
Jan 5, 2011
Both bikes were stolen from a locked and secured storage until in the Kenilworth area of Asheville. The locks where drilled out, a panel of the door broken out to gain access to snap the door cable in the storage until. Both bike where last seen on Dec 22 and the found missing on Jan 2.

2stolenMTBs

Chimp
Jan 5, 2011
The frames of the two stolen bikes were found today, both bikes have been stripped.
The frames were found outside under a deck on 43 Caledonia in the Kenilworth area of Asheville. Along with the two frames was another stolen Kona Dawg Deluxe frame, stripped as well.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
So the cops knew who the thieves were and caught them.

Who do you have your homeowners insurance with? Personal property protection usually extends to a storage unit.

Also, I assume the cops caught the thieves since the bikes were found. Make sure to tell the officers you want to file for (I think the term is) recompensation. Once prosecuted, convicted, etc...they are forced to pay the money for the items back to the police, who forward you the funds.

It happened to me on a break in of my car at Bust Ass Falls. They caught them and I got my deductible back.

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
prostitution I mean restitution.
I got it once when my benz was stolen, taken for a joy ride and stripped of its goods.
Hammer wheels don't fit a Ford Ranger Dumb azz! After serving time they had to pay
me like 2 hundred buckeroos... whoo paid for one tire.