Quantcast

Two thumbs up for public transportation....

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Employee of the month award goes to this guy.

PHILADELPHIA, Pennsylvania (AP) -- A transit bus driver grabbed a woman by the hair, knocked her head into a pole, opened the door and tossed her into traffic after she yelled at him for missing her stop, police said.

The 52-year-old woman, who was not identified, suffered a broken shoulder.

Bus driver Mario Edney, 53, was arraigned Thursday on aggravated assault and other charges, said Officer Jillian Russell, a police spokeswoman. He was being held on $2,000 bail.

Edney said he had to skip the woman's stop Wednesday morning because of a detour, police said.

Transit officials intend to fire Edney, who has been suspended without pay, following a hearing, said Richard Maloney, a spokesman for the Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
where i'm from, there is sign above the door warning that screaming at the bus driver can result in physical assault and ejection from the vehicle into traffic. don't mess the public transit employees, they're crazy.

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
Woa. Anyone else laugh after reading that? There's two sides to every story. I am picturing a 53 year old meth addict screaming and throwing stuff while threatening the bus driver with his life. The situation sucks for everyone. Reminds me of the ebaum's world tape of the bus driver going crazy with a bunch of school children.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
bikenweed said:
Reminds me of the ebaum's world tape of the bus driver going crazy with a bunch of school children.

HA! we just had a pastor mace an entire bus of children (while he was driving) from ages 5-17. 25 kids! they all had to be taken to children's hospital.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Since the Postal Service has taken anger management, the new crew is city bus drivers. Don't make me go "public transportation" on you ass...

I have had to drive a bus load of National Guard troops (much like children). I can relate to wanting to toss someone into traffic. I also got to drive a few city busses in New Orleans last August. Only I didn't have to obey any traffic control devices since there was no power.