Quantcast

Two topics in one! I got accepted to UW and some vids

freeridekid

Monkey
Oct 18, 2003
U-District, WA
Yeah so i got my acceptance letter today, so i was pretty stoked about that. I can't wait to go back to the westSIDE! (tri-cities is getting old and boring these days).

But yeah here's some videos that represent my username a little better than the last thread.

http://s51.photobucket.com/albums/f370/Dawntherockets/?action=view&current=100_2601.flv

http://s51.photobucket.com/albums/f370/Dawntherockets/?action=view&current=100_2575.flv

of course the angles don't really do them justice but the first one's about a 15+ footer from where i landed and, ok, the second is kinda weak, but meh

ffonsok

Monkey
Dec 6, 2005
congrats dude, the scene is awesome up here
i'm still waiting on my letter :twitch: hope it comes today
i'm about 90% im getting in, 3.7, 2000 SAT, lots of extracurricular ****

Wigga

Monkey
Jul 27, 2004
kirkland
you guys are such preps

jk, congrats steven, and ffonsok i dont know you but id be surprized if you didnt get in

ChelanDHer

Monkey
Jan 6, 2004
Lynnwood, WA
I couldn't afford UW even if I wanted to go. Even then, I'd probably get my ass handed to me in class, UW is wicked hard. I know a handfull of people that pulled 4.0's in high school that got pwned last year at UW. Of course, if you can get through your first year, the second gets a little easier, and once you're in your area of interest the classes are way easier, so I'm told.

freeridekid

Monkey
Oct 18, 2003
U-District, WA
I couldn't afford UW even if I wanted to go. Even then, I'd probably get my ass handed to me in class, UW is wicked hard. I know a handfull of people that pulled 4.0's in high school that got pwned last year at UW. Of course, if you can get through your first year, the second gets a little easier, and once you're in your area of interest the classes are way easier, so I'm told.
ya, i have 4.0 too so i guess that means i'm getting pwned, but oh well at least their will be some things there to take my mind off the pwnage:banana:

ffonsok

Monkey
Dec 6, 2005
are you kidding me? i talked to so many people and they said that UW is NOT that bad first year. The only shock is lecture halls with 250+ people

ChelanDHer

Monkey
Jan 6, 2004
Lynnwood, WA
Get ready for a rude awakening guys. Everyone I know says it's hella hard. Plus, you're gonna be tempted to actually have a social life and if you do that (which I suggest) you'll have to juggle that with studying.

NateH

Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
Welcome to the UW, its fun. Just to let you all know, it is hard, there are only a couple classes you'll get to take depending on your major that aren't too bad and the rest will be really hard. Try to figure out a major as quickly as possible too so that you will be able to take some of you general classes as pre-recs. The advisers are your friends.

ftlrider

Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Spokane
The only hard classes at UW I had were those specific to my major. The 100-level classes with 250 people were pretty easy.
And if you get in a class with some Football players you know its going to be easy.

ffonsok

Monkey
Dec 6, 2005
are you suggesting that football players are not as smart as us mountain bikers?

BLASPHEMY!!!!

ftlrider

Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Spokane
are you suggesting that football players are not as smart as us mountain bikers?

BLASPHEMY!!!!
I'd like to think that I'm smarter than the average Football player. They may know a lot about zone blitzes but I don't think that qualifies them as smart.
Both groups of people are pretty stupid though. Anyone willing to risk serious injury on a regular basis is missing a few brain cells. :D

NateH

Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
The only problem with some 100 level classes is that they cover so much info and have very broad tests. I find my major classes easier because they are more about understanding than memorization.

ChelanDHer

Monkey
Jan 6, 2004
Lynnwood, WA
The only problem with some 100 level classes is that they cover so much info and have very broad tests. I find my major classes easier because they are more about understanding than memorization.
Yeah, I've found that as well with higher level courses. The teaching is more hands on and focused on one particular area. A lot easier to study for the tests. Either way guys, you're going to one hell of a school, just enjoy yourselves and kick some ass.