Quantcast

***TWO TU Tuesderp TU TWO***

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Fuck having to do math or worrying about investment returns. I'd just rather not deal with the debt.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Sigh, some day, maybe. At the moment though, we are a single income household for the next oh, 5 years, and I doubt I'll have gobs of "extra" money to put towards paying a mortgage down early.
Mebbe cut down on the expensive fancy knife purchases to one a month :p

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Sigh, some day, maybe. At the moment though, we are a single income household for the next oh, 5 years, and I doubt I'll have gobs of "extra" money to put towards paying a mortgage down early.
Yeah - we were single-income for most of the 00's and IIRC, a bit of the teens. Started paying extra once both of us were working and whenever they kids didn't need skis or soccer registrations, or whatever the fuck else kids gobble up money with. :mad:

Fuck having to do math or worrying about investment returns. I'd just rather not deal with the debt.
This is kinda where I'm at. I figure once *all* the debt is gone, shit will just work out, since we'll have GOBS of $$ rolling around. Because fuck math.

:fancy:

Ironically - middle kid just hit us up for $$$$$$$$ to do a class on "African Ecology" this summer - which appears to happen IN Africa. :rofl:

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
We refinanced when the markets tanked after 9/11 and did the same thing. 30 year down to a 15 year; cut our interest rate in half and paid it off much faster!
We've gone from 3.875 down to 2.5%. It's not gonna get better than that, so I'm expecting to hold that indefinitely. Given fixed loans are an inflation hedge and I am confident that over the 30yr term of the loan even a moderate portfolio will return 6-7%, I have no reason to pay it off.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
/me is nowhere near paying off his two mortgages

but at least it's cheap money, 1.75% for the 15 year cash out and 2.375% for the 30 year mountain lair note

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
A bit ironic considering your occupation.

We at the Ridemonkey collective love you. ❤
Nah, not ironic at all. I’ve dealt with hundreds of couples, every imaginable type, over the past 27 years. Sometimes they confuse me for a relationship counselor.

It’s kind of like loving pizza until you make a few thousand in a frantic restaurant kitchen. Even though it’s pizza and it’s always awesome, it just loses it’s appeal.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Nah, not ironic at all. I’ve dealt with hundreds of couples, every imaginable type, over the past 27 years. Sometimes they confuse me for a relationship counselor.

It’s kind of like loving pizza until you make a few thousand in a frantic restaurant kitchen. Even though it’s pizza and it’s always awesome, it just loses it’s appeal.
Thats both understandable and sad.

BTW, as a relationship counselor, what's it mean when she says she wants to try pegging? That kinda like crocheting? Asking for a friend.

Last edited:

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
Thats both understandable and sad.
I‘m okay with it.

Currently making a wedding set for an old friend whom I am quite happy for. His fiancée seems really cool. Couples like them I like working with.

Spoiled primadonnas that get flown to Paris, proposed to on top of the Eiffel Tower with his grandmother’s diamond set in a one of my rings and has the audacity to decline the ring and have me disassemble it so she can have it made to her liking by a mall jeweler, I do not care for.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I‘m okay with it.

Currently making a wedding set for an old friend whom I am quite happy for. His fiancée seems really cool. Couples like them I like working with.

Spoiled primadonnas that get flown to Paris, proposed to on top of the Eiffel Tower with his grandmother’s diamond set in a one of my rings and has the audacity to decline the ring and have me disassemble it so she can have it made to her liking by a mall jeweler, I do not care for.
Hey I proposed to my wife on top of the Eiffel tower.

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
Do you get referral bonuses from the local divorce attorney?

WTF is there to complain about the height of the Eiffel Tower?
I’m certain that one day I will have a storefront next to a divorce attorney or a marriage counselor.

“It was too tall, duh...stupid man...gah..,why can’t you understand me ? Hate you, of course I will marry you...xoxo...” -her probably

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
I‘m okay with it.

That sounds like a good story.