Quantcast

Two Wheeled Filth! Post your bike in its filthiest!

anyone into it? (i did a search!:busted:)
i'm getting tired of seeing all of these pristine to the point of looking breakable bikes...:biggrin:

so pretty much:
1. post a pic of your rig at its filthiest!
2. tell us where you rode, how it was, blah, blah, blah
3. any tips on how to get her clean and in good working order after taking all that crap to the bearings, pivots, etc.... or just how to keep her dirty, but make sure the vitals are smooth:busted:

i guess i'll start off-

mmmm

thats just awsome for the drivetrain!!!

a good ride out at Calaveras with FactoryCostcoDH today... lost o' sliding and lots o' roost!!!

all i really did when i got home was wipe out the pivots, lube them up again and clean the chain and derailleur rollers and lube them up again too... its gonna get more tomorrow!!! figured i'd just make sure its all in working order:biggrin:

SDH Racing

Monkey
Apr 5, 2006
NE
That reminds me... I need to give Sully a call sometime and see what the bugger is up to.
Nice ride by the way, how do you like it?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
this is a cool idea... i've got some pics from a plattekill race in november of 2006... oh man was that a mess. 5" of snow on top of who knows how much mud. it was so cold you'd have to chip ice off your bike after getting off the lift.

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
Looks like like every bike in line at whistler (or any local DH spot) in the early season. I know you are not used to it in so-cal, but lots of the country rides in that, day in, day out, for all but the very end of summer.

come to think of it, my DH bike is barely cleaner than that hanging in the garage, and has not been riddden since sept...

as far as cleaning...if I am required (whistler gondola) I will power wash. Other than that, let the dirt dry and knock the majority off and keep riding. Occasionally, I break out the brush with some soapy water and wash like a car....

Hairyballs

Chimp
Mar 9, 2005
Sweden
This is after a race at Haga/Stockholm this winter, the mud was soo sticky and it was everywhere.
Sorry about the bad quality but its a mobilecam photo.

Attachments

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
worse mud race i have ever done, cilegon, indonesia.

was having loads of fun all week praticing when it was really wet. but on race day it decided to dry up and just as the finals came by it became clay, not mud. impossible to move.

here is my bike, 'clean' after seeding. it was still ridable and everything worked.

dont have a pic of it after the finals, but it looked something like this:

took two people to carry it into the pick ups. wheels jammed up. power wash to clean it, and that took about 5 minutes each bike. that clay is strong stuff man!!

according to the locals the best way to clean your bike with this kinda mud is to let it dry so it doesn't stick anymore. then you get all the big pieces off and then wash your bike.

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches

there probly the cleanist so far, but this is after a little wipe down and well all the mud that was left on there decided to freeze so there defrosting next to the heater. ohh and it just happend to be at a local race here in fontana. i think it was in the 20's that night with freezing rain.

jcook90

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2006
Connecticut
jonKranked - that race was bad. Everyones bike would easily be on the top 3 of this thread. The mud/ice packed up inside my e-13 BG and the chain wouldn't catch. The november race this year on sunday got pretty bad as well. Sorry, no pics of my bike, too busy shivering/cleaning bike/trying to figure out where I was

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
I will see hwo teh weather holds out today, Might have some great shots from fontana, Might have some crappy shots, I will post them up later...... I am hoping it just pours tommorrow during the reace!!!!

Old_Sckool

Monkey
Jun 5, 2007
Bryce,
Got a question for you.
Check your PM's

anyone into it? (i did a search!:busted:)
i'm getting tired of seeing all of these pristine to the point of looking breakable bikes...:biggrin:

so pretty much:
1. post a pic of your rig at its filthiest!
2. tell us where you rode, how it was, blah, blah, blah
3. any tips on how to get her clean and in good working order after taking all that crap to the bearings, pivots, etc.... or just how to keep her dirty, but make sure the vitals are smooth:busted:

i guess i'll start off-

mmmm

thats just awsome for the drivetrain!!!

a good ride out at Calaveras with FactoryCostcoDH today... lost o' sliding and lots o' roost!!!

all i really did when i got home was wipe out the pivots, lube them up again and clean the chain and derailleur rollers and lube them up again too... its gonna get more tomorrow!!! figured i'd just make sure its all in working order:biggrin:

nice pics so far guys!!!
man, plattekill sounds BRUTAL! but of course fun nevertheless!

the thing is with that mud on my bike, theres literally 50 different layers mucked up together on the downtube and man, that clay is DENSE!!! i think my bike weighed about 65lbs. for my whole ride home! and theres probably another 5lbs. scattered about for the 3mi. from Calaveras to my house:busted:
i'm gonna get her much dirtier today!!!

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA

there probly the cleanist so far, but this is after a little wipe down and well all the mud that was left on there decided to freeze so there defrosting next to the heater. ohh and it just happend to be at a local race here in fontana. i think it was in the 20's that night with freezing rain.
that carpet owner must hate you.

NY_Star

Turbo Monkey
I don't have any pictures of this but at the end of the Last Plattekill race the mud got on my downtube and in my chain and would not come off i had to put the bike inside before i could attempt to get the mud off. It was even frozen to the RIMS!!

Pashley 24Mhz

Monkey
May 2, 2005
Belgium, Europe

Why the hell do you need a water bottle holder on a Sunday:disgust1:

MarkDH

Monkey
Sep 23, 2004
Scotland
I need to get a digital camera. With the exception of the Indonesian pics, the fine Scottish weather ensures my bike is near permanently as bad as these bikes between the months of September and May, and thats in a good year! :)