Quantcast

****ty co-workers strike again

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
This time it is at my fiance's work.

One of her coworkers and close friends has been using the vet clinic credit card to buy Starbucks, gas, her prescriptions, groceries, and to top it all off my birthday present she got me in March.

Over the last few months she has spent over $250 of the companies money on these things.

Her excuse when my fiance (her boss and manager) called her out on it? "I was short on cash."

Wow. Just wow.

Thoughts?

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
with so much drama in your life, how do you sleep at night?

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
I don't know whats happening over there right now. I guess they had a few emergencies come in.

Apparently not fired as of right now.

Also, if she gets fired, my fiance will only have Sundays off and have to be present for any surgery done at the clinic. So lame.

This person is the 2nd oldest employee at the clinic besides my fiance (my fiance has been there even longer than the doctor who bought the clinic 5 years ago). She is also the only other employee who is trained to assist on surgeries. The vet clinic is small, only has 7 employees including the doctor.

Last edited:

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
I had $1500 in employee theft last year. And $3000 in fraudulent credit card purchases.

$250 is amateur. She should definitely be fired though.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
She should be fired, its outright theft. I'm sure someone out there, is qualified and looking for a job, especially now. It shouldn't be that hard to replace her.
True true. I guess training the person takes a long while because every clinic has different procedures for things. Last person they trained for the position (before they left for vet school) took about 9 months to be fully trained.

I had $1500 in employee theft last year. And $3000 in fraudulent credit card purchases.

$250 is amateur. She should definitely be fired though.
It is a small amount, but totally not cool. I agree she should be fired.

Austin Bike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Duh, Austin
Can her, there are plenty of people willing to work harder for less.

I am currently hiring 2 people for business development managers. 2 reqs open, I have 200+ resumes. At least are quality that I would probably hire. So many in fact that I won't even consider anyone outside of Austin. Why relo with such a huge pool of talent.