Quantcast

u dist urban questions?

silversurfer

Chimp
Mar 24, 2004
wet hole
Do you guys get hassled or ticketed for riding urban/trials on U Dub's campus? Also, where is the good stuff around seattle (downtown/ cap hill/ u dist /other?) for urban? I know some of the decent stuff downtown

anyone doing reg street rides?

brian

dirtmover

Monkey
Jun 14, 2005
I haven't been ticket while urban riding in the U. Had one cop sit in his patrol car one time and watch but never got out of the car to hassle us. But there is always that chance. Downtown, Cap hill, Seattle Center, Water front are all good places for urban.

silversurfer

Chimp
Mar 24, 2004
wet hole
rode by there last night, but there were a few security guards out for an event at key arena, so I didn't push my luck. I wish they hadn't put the flower pots by the big white ramp thingies (scientific term) at the front of the arena. Lots of possibilities with those.

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
The only place I have heard of people getting hassled regularly is Bellevue. Which is a shame because everytime I drive through I spot a new and interesting feature to ride.

Fredzilla

Monkey
Aug 5, 2003
Seattle
I was waiting for a light to change at one of the corners of the U, just doinkin around, and put my front tire up on one of the big planters. A cop at the light sees me and cuts across the intersection in traffic, pulls up - onto the sidewalk, lights on. He gave me a warning and left, no big deal really.. but pretty funny to me. I felt like such a little social deviant... :rofl:

silversurfer

Chimp
Mar 24, 2004
wet hole
Doesn't matter. Now I have a steelhead with too big a fork, but used to urban with a bullit, a no-name trials bike(which i sucked at), my surley 1x1. all fun, all diff. Big bikes are fun for stairs/drops. Small bikes are good for tech/gap/hop moves. Doesn't matter, just have fun. run a shorty stem on whatever, and don't buy into the marketing hype that you have to buy a specific bike for every task.

brian

dirtmover

Monkey
Jun 14, 2005
I find urban more enjoyable on the hardtail then on the big bike. Makes it easier to hop on to platforms and to hop around on the rear wheel. But each to there own on which bike to ride

Feb 25, 2005
seattle, wa
I've been hasseled at Seattle Center (in the Fun Forest ironically enough) and at some of the high rises around DT Seattle but never in the UDist or on campus. A friend of mine however has been ticketed a few time for riding on campus.

cove rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 8, 2004
no where important
My friend rode the UW campus dwontown and got chased by the secrety once but they werent caught so they went back and havent ever had a problem. I need to do some urban!! I havent done anything on the UW campus yet and i hear that theres some pretty good stuff there.

DesuL

Monkey
Nov 21, 2005
Im moving end of this month from the north end of the Udist (northgate) to the South End (eastlake). I will be living next to another riding buddy and once the weather is nicer we should all hook up for some urban rides. I have been eyeing some U dist and cap hill spots for a while. Mostly a .... Setup... do it... ride the **** away type thing. But looking damn fun.

cove rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 8, 2004
no where important
DesuL said:
Im moving end of this month from the north end of the Udist (northgate) to the South End (eastlake). I will be living next to another riding buddy and once the weather is nicer we should all hook up for some urban rides. I have been eyeing some U dist and cap hill spots for a while. Mostly a .... Setup... do it... ride the **** away type thing. But looking damn fun.
Let us know K

cove rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 8, 2004
no where important
Nice! i like the winter video the most! Although because you did so much crazy editing it tends to hang up on a lot of stuff though. Still a sick vid though. What kind of camera do you use?

ffonsok

Monkey
Dec 6, 2005
Sony DCR-HC32, yeah and its not the editing, but the way i ripped it... im pirating a good exporting program as we speak :)
problems should be fixed soon

cove rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 8, 2004
no where important
ffonsok said:
Sony DCR-HC32, yeah and its not the editing, but the way i ripped it... im pirating a good exporting program as we speak :)
problems should be fixed soon
Nice camera! huh thats strange cause the other video didnt hang up at all but also didnt have as much editing. o well let me know if you post up a fixed version so i can download it