Quantcast

UBI/ Barnett's & USA Cycling Mechanic's Certification

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
can those of you who have done any of these just give me some general opinions on whichever you've done? will spending time at UBI/Barnett's, then working at a shop help with USA Cycling's certification, or would it be better just working in a shop 2yrs then going after USAC cert.?

well considering i just got my certification about oh.......5 hours ago let me give you some advice. shop is better. a lot of it is experience. and knowing racing will help a lot as well. but experience is the best thing. i think you can get basics from the classes, but working in a shop is even better. but i recomend getting it. i learned a lot, and made some good friends in the three days i was there.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
you got USA Cycling certification, or from one of the institutes? if the latter, which one? Barnett's is in Colo Springs, which is also where the USAC clinics takes place...i wonder if Barnett's sort of caters to that?.

USCF cert. it is in colorado springs, CO at the olympic training center. and as i said. that stuff is great fro a little base knowledge. but if you just take a class and then come to this.......you aren;t going to do nearly as well. a lot of it is experience. so i recomend get some solid experience at a good shop with some awesome mechanics and a good amoutn of volume. that is the best training