Quantcast

UCI / Discovery channel

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
These networks have seized on the strategy of pay subscriptions, so if it isn't on regular Discovery you will probably have to pay a significant fee for the whole Discovery + catalog and also pay for Amish Survivor and 800lb Bachelorette.
So we are now without RB in a month for UCI? Are you serious? I have TV discovery channel,but WTF? This is terrible new’s. What about that FoxSports One I wrote about a while back? Mind you,it was after the race,but is it gone as well? Bullshit,this is a Huge Change.
Avy

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
So we are now without RB in a month for UCI? Are you serious? I have TV discovery channel,but WTF? This is terrible new’s. What about that FoxSports One I wrote about a while back? Mind you,it was after the race,but is it gone as well? Bullshit,this is a Huge Change.
Avy
No don't worry, we still have another 12 months to rack this thread up with complaints.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
No don't worry, we still have another 12 months to rack this thread up with complaints.
Well,you had me there,I must say. Still sound’s terrible,way worse than a bad Hair Cut. It’s All Bad Brother’s,All Bad. Fekin Fek!
Avy

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
I’m trying to get a bunch of you guys to rent a big chalet and live the euro park lap life for a few years now. I think we need you and a bunch of other crusty monkies to come over here and just enjoy some gravity assisted bicycling!

We have a French Cup DH race August 15th in Châtel and the weekend after is Les Gets WC. I think that would be a perfect time for a load of you guys to come over. I say we base out of Châtel because the Bikepark is better than Les Gets and then you guys can ride over to spectate. It is 3 lifts away from Châtel.

Who’s coming? @gonefirefightin I could see you doing a BMW GS trip as well as laps and WC spectating. Could be fun I say.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
I’m trying to get a bunch of you guys to rent a big chalet and live the euro park lap life for a few years now. I think we need you and a bunch of other crusty monkies to come over here and just enjoy some gravity assisted bicycling!

We have a French Cup DH race August 15th in Châtel and the weekend after is Les Gets WC. I think that would be a perfect time for a load of you guys to come over. I say we base out of Châtel because the Bikepark is better than Les Gets and then you guys can ride over to spectate. It is 3 lifts away from Châtel.

Who’s coming? @gonefirefightin I could see you doing a BMW GS trip as well as laps and WC spectating. Could be fun I say.
Hellz yes, I better start planning now

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Let’s bet. If I win you buy a Scott Gambler and come send it in Châtel this summer! If you win then I’ll lend you a Gambler when you come send it in the bike park.
buckoW,gone is right. He put up John Tomac’s shit. Old Old School shit. I have no idea how pulled that up so quick,but he did.

I Swear buck,you Live the Life.
Avy

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California
These networks have seized on the strategy of pay subscriptions, so if it isn't on regular Discovery you will probably have to pay a significant fee for the whole Discovery + catalog and also pay for Amish Survivor and 800lb Bachelorette.
Discovery+ is $5 a month, it's not exactly super expensive. We picked it up for the science/nature/history shows and food network when we cut the cord.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Firing up the redbull on the apple tv box was so easy. Everything worked most of the times.

I suppose there's a discovery tv app? I might pay to watch live, but we will see what kind of show they put on. First taste is free, right?

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
@Lelandjt would have some good tips and maybe he will come back over this summer? Morgins laps last summer with Leland.

And for anyone who hasn't ridden a modern DH bike…. Fear not! I know a guy with suitable steeds for my crusty brethren.

This one is reserved for @bullcrew The Monster T is up to the task.
View attachment 172348
Holy,you are too much Brother. That is a Pearl my Brother. My Buddy had the Single Pivot of that Bike,I think this is the Second Tomac? Anyway,Beautiful Bike,have not seen That in a while. It is Mint!
Avy

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
Holy,you are too much Brother. That is a Pearl my Brother. My Buddy had the Single Pivot of that Bike,I think this is the Second Tomac? Anyway,Beautiful Bike,have not seen That in a while. It is Mint!
Avy
He probably has the SP one too! They had 165mm rear hubs didn’t they?
If you come Avy, I got a Yeti DH6 or a Lahar for you. Just give me a heads up so I can get them running again. Or a Super 8. We need to get @iRider involved so he can run his Intense.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
He probably has the SP one too! They had 165mm rear hubs didn’t they?
If you come Avy, I got a Yeti DH6 or a Lahar for you. Just give me a heads up so I can get them running again. Or a Super 8. We need to get @iRider involved so he can run his Intense.
Yes 165 it was. Just Like the Super 8. I would Love to try the Yeti. I’m just to tall for them 26’s . Don’t tell me you have a shot of the Yeti/Lahar.
Avy

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
Yes 165 it was. Just Like the Super 8. I would Love to try the Yeti. I’m just to tall for them 26’s . Don’t tell me you have a shot of the Yeti/Lahar.
Avy
Here you go! There’s a Zerode in case a kiwi monkey wants to join. i can probably find an XS 26” V10 for the @kidwoo too. There’s plenty of gnar hucks for that lil V10. The plan is coming together!

B6B30D4A-7911-47ED-988B-F34D7E0D738E.jpeg

68EA1384-BCDC-4BC7-93DD-C7B827FAAB4E.jpeg

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
About as enticing as luring me with a gameboy
There’s a dude that occasionally comes for laps that lives in Champery. He is pretty tight with Yamaha. Maybe we ask him? I only have a trials bike for you…

Last edited:

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
And if anybody wants to bike instead of ski/snowboard. I can set you up with Pierre for some chill laps on the bike.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
@Lelandjt would have some good tips and maybe he will come back over this summer? Morgins laps last summer with Leland.

And for anyone who hasn't ridden a modern DH bike…. Fear not! I know a guy with suitable steeds for my crusty brethren.

This one is reserved for @bullcrew The Monster T is up to the task.
View attachment 172348
I just go find my old Armageddon lol..then I can make all sorts of Geo...

sethimus

neu bizutch
Feb 5, 2006
not in Whistler anymore :/

i move to switzerland this weekend, but other end of the country. i hope i can take a few days off for the wc

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
bob roll?
Bob Roll climbed so far up Armstrong's butt that I'm certain he still resides there.

Roll famously went on a long set of rides with Armstrong post-cancer diagnosis and helped to convince him to return to cycling. He knew what Armstrong was up to and yet this walking set of sideburns still shouted his praises for years. Then, silence when the accusations and (partial) admission came.

F**k Bob Roll. He was a shit mountain biker, too.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Bob Roll climbed so far up Armstrong's butt that I'm certain he still resides there.

Roll famously went on a long set of rides with Armstrong post-cancer diagnosis and helped to convince him to return to cycling. He knew what Armstrong was up to and yet this walking set of sideburns still shouted his praises for years. Then, silence when the accusations and (partial) admission came.

F**k Bob Roll. He was a shit mountain biker, too.
:does cocaine furiously:

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
i'd like to be hopeful that discovery won't fuck things up and can ultimately bring more money into the sport in terms of getting racers paid. but let's not forget this was this was part of the past involvement with cycling:

View attachment 172324
I’m late to the party here, but though he may be an asshole, Lance brought literally billions of dollars into the sport, and got tens of thousands of people to try wearing spandex and riding skinny tires. Top level roadies went for driving nice cars to flying nice Gulfstreams. Let’s not forget the EPO vendors too, their business saw a clear benefit

That kind of growth and pay for riders won’t happen with DH, but it may mean the difference betweenTop Ramen and a nice PB&J for some of the tertiary riders.

As far as energy drink sponsorships, I don’t see an issue, in moderation there’s nothing in there that’s harmful, if there were millions of Kyles would be lying dead in the street by now. Hanging out and riding with cyclists and moto guys sponsored by energy drink companies I can confirm, pretty much all of them drink that crap, the non sponsored ones too.

I get it if you’re not into expensive sugar water with caffeine, but to say it’s poison is just false, and to wish them out of the sport is shortsighted and petty. I’ll butt-chug a thousand Red Bulls before I touch a Specialized, but I’m still happy to have them throwing money at Bruni to ride their litigious asshole chariots. At least Red Bull seems to actually take care of their sponsored riders instead of just dumping them as soon as their performance starts to slip.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I’m late to the party here, but though he may be an asshole, Lance brought literally billions of dollars into the sport, and got tens of thousands of people to try wearing spandex and riding skinny tires. Top level roadies went for driving nice cars to flying nice Gulfstreams. Let’s not forget the EPO vendors too, their business saw a clear benefit
he was also the biggest cheat in the history of cycling, possibly of all sports .