Quantcast

UCI Supercross, Madrid Lots of mountainbikers in attendance

Akula_7

Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
So first UCI BMX Supercross is this weekend, track looks sick. Lots of 2012 hopefulls in the mix. Stacked field and as always www.freecaster.com will have live coverage.

So far I know that Dan Atherton, Joost Wichman, Micheal Prokop, Caroline Buchanan and possible a few more Czech riders who race 4x will be in attendance. Will be very interesting to watch Dan Atherton's performance, can't imagine he is expecting a huge result from himself. All a learning process I imagine. the depth of talent in BMX is wild right now. Sam Willoughby is reigning Supercross Champ so he'll be keen to start with a win!

Clay Porter is there with the camera for RedBull/ Atherton project I suppose.

Ohh yeah stoked on cycle racing!

May 16, 2009
You can add:

Rafa Alvarez
Johannes Fischbach
Lewis Lacey
Tomas Slavik
David Graf
and Luke Madill to the list of 4x racers taking part

Akula_7

Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
Heard Rafa Alvarez has broken his leg, bummer for 4x season. One less heavy hitter. Can't believe there where 140+men trying to qualify. Racing gets under way in about an hour and a half.

Pity your not there Jared, we'd all be rooting for ya.

ZoRo

Turbo Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
MTL
Just watched parts of the full replay on freecaster. Racing was awsome and the track... very deversified and original. The step up step down was a really nice feature. I love how they push the enveloppe with new types of jumps on the UCI circuit.

Sam Willougbhy is a beast. Watching him pedal in the air in the first straight...

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Freecaster refused to cooperate for me....even though it wasn't MTB. Whoda thunk it? :think:

Apparently the only things you're allowed to actually watch on there has to be sponsored by Red Bull.

ZoRo

Turbo Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
MTL
Hey guys, did you try this: http://freecaster.tv/live/bmx/1011490/uci-bmx-supercross-world-cup-2010-madrid-final-men

Only the men's final, but working good for me.

For Jared and other BMX MTB guys, would a UCI supercross track like the one in Madrid, for example, be doable and suitable for mtb 4x type racing or it's too flat? I mean I'm sure the jumps would be feasible and all, but would it make for good racing or the 26 inch wheel is just not well adapted to those type of tracks?