Quantcast

UCL injuries

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
has anybody else ever torn their UCL. i am "self diagnosed" myself with it but am wondering if anybody else has done this or has any advice for me.

giantrider89

Monkey
Oct 16, 2006
P-town, MN
first of all, if its bad enough to think you tore it.....whatever IT is......you should go see a doctor asap......

are u referring to the inside tendon of your knee (PCL i believe) or the outside (MCL)?

I would say it's not really possible to diagnose yourself with a torn tendon of any kind.....there isnt much way to know (especially in the knee) with out an MRI.....it could also possibly be a meniscus injury (the sac around your knee cap area).......

im sure you STRAINED something, but you cant assume you TORE anything.....and if you did tear it, you should definitely be seeing a doctor!

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Just try putting weight on that leg alone and pivoting on it. If it collapses, you have no more ACL.

Mind you this will hurt a lot, but in the end it hurts less then the payment to go see a doc...

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
Not good news.

Didn't you do your knee last year jumping the gully in Dom #2?
yes

the UCL is a ligament in the elbow.
i fell and put my arms out in a push up and now my left elbow is nice and messed up.

why cant i just break bones... doctor today at 3 30

bpatterson6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 1, 2004
Colorado
Sounds painful. I wish you good luck in your recovery. :cheers:
ACL, MCL and Miniscus stink. I've had surgery 3 times on my right knee. To say that it's wasted is an understatement.
I just hope you have youth on your side. I don't and I'm beginning to feel the effects of years of bike riding and injuries.

jcook90

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2006
Connecticut
Surgery's fun. You wake up and have no idea how you got where you were and then can't eat for two days. and then VICODIN.

jcook90

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2006
Connecticut
Oh damn. Another year, thats bad. And you'll probably not be able to use your arm for a couple months while the ligaments/tendons heal. Glad I only broke my collar bone. Heal up