Quantcast

UCSC On Sunday

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Im going today again. I was out all day yesterday. This guy Sam I road with did the Dead Campers gap. So freaking nuts in person! But yeah I am going to be out there today after 5 and probably tomorrow too. Call my cell if your up for meeting up. If I dont pick up leave a message. 831.252.8528.

-Josh

Raacerx

Monkey
Total Heckler said:
Im going today again. I was out all day yesterday. This guy Sam I road with did the Dead Campers gap. So freaking nuts in person! But yeah I am going to be out there today after 5 and probably tomorrow too. Call my cell if your up for meeting up. If I dont pick up leave a message. 831.252.8528.

-Josh
My internet was down so I didnt get back online to check the forums. Had a blast though, feeling the bike and trails again. How about this Wednesday or Friday? Otherwise, Ill be down for the weekend again.

PS. If I come down on the weekend ill finish building the larger bottom DC gap. It just needs about another foot of lip and some clean up of the runway. The current DC gap needs some major work. With an extra foot or 2 of length you would need half the speed and huck. Damn rangers tearing it down!!!

kobidge

Chimp
Sep 30, 2005
foster city, ca
hey josh, are you guys going to go riding tomorrow (tuesday)? i don't have lab in the afternoon, so i may be up to taking the drive down there. although, i do have a final wednesday morning, but let me know what's going on. if not then i'm totally down for next sunday.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Dude, I work mon-fri 8-5.

Tonight we are riding after 5 and we might have some lights to set up near some jumps to hang out after dark. PM me or call me at 831.252.8528. We have a good crew going tonight, try to make it out. Were just going to be hanging out, jumping, and maybe building a new jump or two across the street from DC. =]

Scarpa

Chimp
Aug 31, 2005
Felton
Total Heckler said:
Man I really hope Scott/Todd scored some lights so we can set them up at some jumps. Guess I will see tonight. Booya.
I saw you guys down at the jumps below DC. Did you ever get any lights up? I was in the car with my wife on the way to costco, yeah I was jealous of you guys.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Didnt get the lights, oh well. We all went to RW Pizza in felton, had some beers and were obnoxiously loud. We had like 11 people with us...goodtimes.

Were going riding again today after 5. Max, PM sent.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Oh yeah yesterday the trails were great.

Riding today will be good. Tomorrow should be good as well, hopefully we will see a good group out tomorrow.

Drinking tonight with a bunch of the local bikers and ride tomorrow hung over. HA - hopefully not.

Raacerx

Monkey
black noise said:
Give me a call anytime this week, I need someone fast to ride with. I hear Raacerx is fast.
black, i need to come down tomorrow, Monday. Ive got some **** to do, so there is the possibility I might not have time to ride, but theres also the possibility that Ill say **** it and just ride instead. Ultimately, it depends on whether or not my vehicle continues to act like a bastard child...

PS. Have you been ridding Airborne much? Im super digging those flat tight 180 degree corners up near the top, there are like 5 in a row, just a few inches of berm, enough to just save your drift...

black noise

Turbo Monkey
Dec 31, 2004
Santa Cruz
Hmm.... I've been riding airborne a lot after I found it a week or two ago, but I'm not sure what flat corners you're talking about. I like the steep, rutty 30 degree turns further down it though.

I'm not sure if I can ride tomorrow, I need to carve a pumpkin and do homework before nightfall so I can go out and trick or treat. I'm not 12 or a loser by the way, I just still like trick or treating and pumpkin carving is just what you do on halloween.

Call me anyway, I might be free, or I can make myself free. 295-2513

volvoracer82

Chimp
Oct 3, 2005
santa cruz
riding and more filming on sunday the 6th, drops, gaps and jumps!!!

we need to be careful about coming out on highway 9 on the weekends, we had a ranger talk to a group of us right after we came off dead campers last sunday.... but we can't let that scare us!!!

black noise

Turbo Monkey
Dec 31, 2004
Santa Cruz
I know magic carpet and all the trails near there are State Park land, so yes it's illegal to ride bikes on it. Dead Campers might be illegal too, but it might also just be on UCSC property which is still illegal but I don't see a whole lot of UCSC cops.

Scarpa

Chimp
Aug 31, 2005
Felton
Anything that ends up on Hwy9 (except for UConn of course) is in Henry Cowell State Park. UC property stops at the top of the ridge.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Right. He said any volunteer made trails are illegal. Volunteer meaning anything that wasn’t created by park people which means anything that isn’t a fire road and doesn’t have a sign saying the trail name, miles, etc. of the trail is illegal and riding on it can result in a $350 fine and possibly the confiscation of your bike/gear for illegal use of government owned property.

We talked with the ranger for a good half hour. He suggested we should really get a bunch of people together (bike shops / as many riders we can possibly get) and contact the parks services/courthouse and see if we can get legal use of the trails. He said saying things like if we see people on the trails, let them know the rules/courtesies of riding on the trails and hold ourselves liable and not the parks if we get hurt. He said if people on horses can do it, we almost definitely can get legal use of the trails. He gave us a lot of really good ideas.

Think about it this way, we live here. We pay taxes to our government to be able to have these parks for recreational use. We should legally be able to use it. We just need to let them know.

Raacerx

Monkey
yet another good reason to just session hits and stay off the road. I want to go bigggg! I need photos! Does anyone know of any actual physical road gaps, like over a road? Like a big one? Ill throw myself off it for free!

black noise

Turbo Monkey
Dec 31, 2004
Santa Cruz
My friend said there's a gap over the train tracks. If you come out of DC, then cross the road and go down to the tracks, it's there somewhere. Then there are some other big gaps around DC, but you already know about those.

edit: It should be noted that the gap over the tracks is more of a tabletop than a traditional road gap. The location is between Felton and where the RR crosses Hwy 9.

Raacerx

Monkey
black noise said:
My friend said there's a gap over the train tracks. If you come out of DC, then cross the road and go down to the tracks, it's there somewhere. Then there are some other big gaps around DC, but you already know about those.

edit: It should be noted that the gap over the tracks is more of a tabletop than a traditional road gap. The location is between Felton and where the RR crosses Hwy 9.
yes, I know of it. I want a road gap, step down. Ill do the tabletop, its like 25 feet or something, but Im more interested in something that long plus really tall. The landing on that thing is funky...

black noise

Turbo Monkey
Dec 31, 2004
Santa Cruz
Nevermind then, that jump doesn't look that cool. I have no idea then. The landscape here isn't prime for road gaps, all the landings are really steep. Not to mention that once you get into the mountains, the first foot of "dirt" is pine needles.

We should ride this weekend though, I've been eying the DC road gap and want to watch someone hit it before I seriously think about it.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
This sunday is totally on. If I can get my oil change on the audi done quickly on saturday, maybe I can make it out both days. Anyone want to help? =]

volvoracer82

Chimp
Oct 3, 2005
santa cruz
i think andrew wants to do a shuttle at 8:00 before he goes to work, i don't know if i will be out that early but i will be out to ride in the late morning for sure

black noise

Turbo Monkey
Dec 31, 2004
Santa Cruz
I'll ride on Saturday. I might even have my car then, but it can't be driven in the rain and I might not be able to get it up steep hills (it's an old VW bus). So someone might have to pick me up, but I live on the way anyways.