Quantcast

UCSC ridin' this weekend

norcalDHer

Chimp
Feb 11, 2005
hey, ive been hearing a lot about some awesome DH trails behind the campus(UCSC) and was wondering if anyone could give me the details on how to get to the best ones. Im thinking of heading over there on sunday if the trails are ridable so if anyone is down for some shuttle runs and can show me the where the trails are just let let me know. Thanks

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
I would, but I no longer own brake pads and riding fixed gear doesn't sound appealing to me right now.

Punkassean might be around, he seems to know the trails well. Shoot him a PM. I'm hoping to get out there for a few weekends of riding this spring, hope you can find some trails.

The Ito

Monkey
Feb 28, 2002
Vail CO
The trails aren't really worth shuttling... the fast way to shuttle isn't really an option anymore (lots o' tension with the locals), and the long way to shuttle is, well... really long. Suck it up and climb/push back up from hwy 9.

B_LOWrider

Monkey
Aug 18, 2004
Santa cruz
norcalDHer said:
hey, ive been hearing a lot about some awesome DH trails behind the campus(UCSC) and was wondering if anyone could give me the details on how to get to the best ones. Im thinking of heading over there on sunday if the trails are ridable so if anyone is down for some shuttle runs and can show me the where the trails are just let let me know. Thanks
Mabye we can get a ride together next weekend because i need to ride. Everybody i ride with cant right now!!! One has a broken arm and the other two dont have bike fully working :mumble:

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
Jestere said:
If those brake pads don't come in by prez's weekend, It'll mean 4 days of road riding.
No, it's money, not availability that is keeping me from getting them. I should be picking up some this week as I have an XC race this weekend.

As for road riding, I do a lot of that. 60 miles group ride today with a fixed gear, saratoga to 9, skyline to Page Mill to Foothill to Mt. Eden back to Santa Clara U. I think this is going to be a good year for racing for me. And anyone up for riding around Santa Cruz in the next couple of weeks? Mostly XC stuff, but as long as the drops aren't too big I'll ride anything.

The Ito