Quantcast

UCSC shut down

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Haha... if that doesn't lure you guys in, what will?

I think they meet the first Monday of every month to talk things over for an hour or so. They're all really nice people.

Last edited:

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
While it would be sweet, driving up to santa cruz to drink beer on a monday night probably won't go over too well for me.

I don't really care to be there while everyone's talking about what to do. I would go to show my support when MBOSC goes to lobby to whatever agency they need to lobby to legalize these trails. I would also go to help out with whatever trail maintenance or work needs to be done to help legalize these trails. I don't think I would do so good though sitting around a brewery for an hour while people talk about what direction they want to go.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
what the?!~>?@! since when is pbr hipster beer???? Say it ain't so.

If they took my favorite cheap beer, that's one more reason for me to hate hipsters.
Man I feel you. I hate them SO much...

I lived next to hipsters for a year. ALL they drank. I will give them credit for creating the octo-beer-bong though. It was basically a hanging packing peanut dispenser modified with 8 hoses/nozels. It held over 40 beers (safely).

It was one of these:

Last edited:

tahoetoad

Chimp
Jul 21, 2007
Hey all I don't usually write on the forums, but I heard from another rider here in Auburn that the trails at USCS are being closed. I have never ridden them, but one trail system being closed effects all of us that ride. Any way that I can help up here in Auburn? I also travel to Lake Tahoe for work, weekly. Would posting something in ALL the bike shops help???? Remember folks, it's only in numbers that things get done. If there are folks pushing to close the lands, then there HAS to be more of us that speak up to keep them open and LEGAL. So let's work together and spread the word!!! Pinkbike, MTBR, Craigslist, Ebay, www.???.com.......just get the word out to others that ride and let's get this done!!
Sorry about the long rant. Enjoy the beer and I will have a PBR and pray to God of Dirt that this nightmare will end soon.

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
That's kinda ballsy.

I'm pretty sure that were I to ever ride out there again, I would be pedaling back up in stealth mode*

*Stealth mode would be some pieces of paper cut out to look like a hiker thrown over my bike, while I wear a cleaverly modified hiking backpack with eye holes cut in it.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
That's kinda ballsy.

I'm pretty sure that were I to ever ride out there again, I would be pedaling back up in stealth mode*

*Stealth mode would be some pieces of paper cut out to look like a hiker thrown over my bike, while I wear a cleaverly modified hiking backpack with eye holes cut in it.
'

I'm guessing it's people not from the area unaware of the new regime.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Heard from a dude who knows this guy's uncle's brother's friend's girlfriend... who has a kid...

Z's trail still exists.

But seriously, guys. Stay off those trails. It's for the best. Let it die down quietly.

Lucee

govenor
Jan 16, 2002
nor cal
Sounds good to me. I would hope that MBOSC has a rep that can post up on forums such as this one next time a voice is needed.
Considering that MBOSC is run soley by volunteers that work, ride, etc, it'd be great to get help from others who want to ride these trails.

Therefore, as an officer of MBOSC, I'll say it again--please, please come to the meetings & buy your membership. The cost of the membership will go towards trail advocacy. If you can't make it to the meetings, you can either join the facebook group, or the email list server, found on the mbosc website. There's strength in numbers, honest!

Giantrider--regarding the complaining--you're right, I was forum hopping, so between mtbr & here, it did seem like a lot!

You're right, though, UCSC is done, folks. Let's focus on Coast Dairies. Get informed, become a member of MBOSC and let's have a hand in building legal trails that could be as amazing as UC/Cowell!

Lucee

govenor
Jan 16, 2002
nor cal
It didn't help that there were pro teams in giant Sprinter vans shuttling Empire/9 day in and out...

I think maybe we should get on some of these teams sponsors (I'm looking at you, Speshy and Yeti) to help us/MBOSC with advocacy since they're partially responsible for drawing so much heat from authorities in the area.
Hi Blue--
We've just had someone volunteer to be Bike Shop Liaison so we'll have someone that will focus specifically on local companies, such as spesh...

Also--I forgot to mention--

http://www.mbosc.org/

Kiran_M

Chimp
Apr 5, 2009
it would be wise not to ride z's. the last 3 times i was there, i saw rangers. 2 of the times they were in a side-x-side and 1 time on a horse. sketchy!!!!

wood booger

Monkey
Jul 16, 2008
the land of cheap beer
I know whats up with the whole UC , Brah, ITS ILLEGAL AS OF FEB.15th!Stop riding or hiking or whatever it is you all do there and ride Demo and Wilder like everyone else . And if you really want to know what the latest info is go here,http://www.mbosc.org/ .
It never was legal.

Crackdowns are not new, they happen every 2 years or so.

You gotta do something to keep the kook population off the trails.