Quantcast

Ucsc?

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
I've heard of those trails... yes. But they are mythical and magical... and don't really exist.

It's like the yellow brick road. Maybe they exist in another dimension on Saturday and Sunday mornings? When the rain stops, the mist clears, and you hear heaven's trumpets?

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
There is one trail that I know of that is a multi-use trail called Ucon or something? Its a nice climb from 9 up onto campus. Its pretty fun going back down too! Watch out for the hikers!

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
That one does sound cool. I just got done riding a sweet paved trail on the other side of campus called Hagar Drive. Someone even painted a yellow line down the middle to seperate the downhill and uphill traffic. Watch out for cars though, for some reason they're everywhere!

zoey

Monkey
Mar 19, 2006
california
How are the UCSC trails with this rain? I wanted to go up and ride Wilder (and beyond) and maybe Demo on Tuesday/ Wednesday.

Icantdrive65

Monkey
Mar 21, 2005
Chinquapin fire road
How are the UCSC trails with this rain? I wanted to go up and ride Wilder (and beyond) and maybe Demo on Tuesday/ Wednesday.
Well...if there were any "trails" they would be pretty muddy right now. If we get 2-3 dry days one might consider riding Chupacabra or DC, but anything resembling a ride on a magic carpet would definitely be out, unless you really wanted to mess it up.

siege

Monkey
Sep 30, 2006
kapolei, Hi
i took the weekend off for the benefit of all myself. my hit it up after work this week though. can't get enough of that legendary paved/gravel fire road

I would like to update the Trail condition report.
Sat I rode U-conn and it was nice, a tiny bit of mud, than the fire roads were like a creek bed but the gravel kept it manageable.
I would also like to inform you all of my new accomplishment, not that anyone cares :P
I ride a VP free with a 888 and this ride I passed 3 guys on xc bikes UP ucon! I was so proud I was riding with Icantdrive and and I was about 30 seconds behind him to the top!

Man people push hard when they look back and see a dh bike about to pass :P

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
I would like to update the Trail condition report.
Sat I rode U-conn and it was nice, a tiny bit of mud, than the fire roads were like a creek bed but the gravel kept it manageable.
I would also like to inform you all of my new accomplishment, not that anyone cares :P
I ride a VP free with a 888 and this ride I passed 3 guys on xc bikes UP ucon! I was so proud I was riding with Icantdrive and and I was about 30 seconds behind him to the top!

Man people push hard when they look back and see a dh bike about to pass :P

Haha nice. Its so true. People freak when they see a DH bike about to pass them going uphill.

Lucee

govenor
Jan 16, 2002
nor cal
I just did Demo the weekend before last & it was beautiful!
Wilder's been pretty wet, but I figure that since I'm riding by myself I'm not doing too much trail damage...