Quantcast

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
It must have been a huge shocker to the crowd. Rampage was almost a 2-1 favorite.

Both great guys though. I read the Yahoo blog and it looks like a very close fight.

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
It was a close fight, I liked the earlier fight that had the guy bleeding like a stuck pig

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
Awesome fight IMO. After seeing the post-fight interviews, I have a lot more respect for Rampage - Top-notch sportsmanship. Both good fighters, and we'll see it again before long.

Sounded like a good portion of the crowd was actually booing during Griffin's post-fight interview.... :disgust1:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I wanted Forest to win, but I actually didn't give him much of a chance. I don't think Rampage took him as seriously as he should have.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
wow I simply cannot believe Forrest won...Rampage on paper is just about superior in every way except reach...but I guess anything can and does happen in the UFC...D

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
wow I simply cannot believe Forrest won...Rampage on paper is just about superior in every way except reach...but I guess anything can and does happen in the UFC...D
After the Ortiz fight (that I thought was also close) and then his last fight when he won by choke, I new he would a least do well.

dhmike

Turbo Monkey
Dec 20, 2006
Boise Idaho
i don't see forest being champ for that long . if he were to fight liddell or dan henderson i can see him losing. but then again i didn't think he would beat rampage.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Rampages comment about the 9 month layoff does make sense, too.

I would love to see Chuck make a comeback, but his heart isn't in it. He's got a hot soon-to-be wife and he's moving on.

He also said "When you step into the octagon, there's a 50% chance you'll get your ass kicked".

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I think in this case, it just came down to who wanted it more.
So Forest beat Shogun (last win before matchup), and Shogun beat Rampage (last loss before matchup).

If Chuck gets back into it (as we will see in his fight against Evans since he sucked loudly against Jardene), I think he can beat Forest. But Chuck has lost twice to Rampage.

So will Rampage get a rematch before someone else fights Forest?

I for one would be happy to see Rampage fight every 3-4 months.

Last question:
What if Silva does well in 205 while still defending his middle weight belt?

dhmike

Turbo Monkey
Dec 20, 2006
Boise Idaho
the scenario i was thinking after forest beat rampage , next forest v liddell ,liddell wins ,then rampage v liddell, rampage wins and is champ again.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
the scenario i was thinking after forest beat rampage , next forest v liddell ,liddell wins ,then rampage v liddell, rampage wins and is champ again.
I think if Chuck has his heart in it, he can beat Rampage. He nearly beat him the first time and the second time he got caught with a wild punch.

If Chuck makes a comeback (as I hope he does), I like his chances against either Rampage or Forest. I still don't like anyones chances against Silva, though. That dude as wicked skills at 185. If he can bring it to 205, it's over.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
The Griffin / Jackson fight was really good with a great work rate (which I've made clear I like) and a wide variety of stuff. A rematch would definitely be a good thing. I think you can put Griffin in the ring with almost anyone and he can make it an entertaining fight because he isn't one dimensional, comes to the ring in shape and doesn't mind getting hit. I think he will always be underestimated because of his looks and demeanor out of the ring.

Koscheck whipped the ever livin' hell out of Lytle. Koscheck still keeps his head down too much making him vulnerable to the guillotine. The thing about this fight was the gigantic cut on lytle's head and them letting it continue. I was pretty shocked that it didn't get stopped. Especially with Lytle getting outclassed. It was just a bit much.

Mazzaggati f'ed up the Stevenson / Tibau fight in the first round. Tibau sorta had stevenson in omoplata but couldn't get it locked in and it became very obvious that Stevenson wasn't going to let him get it locked in. That lasted over 2 minutes which was pathetic. The look on STevenson's face was great as he looked like a 10 year old listening to a macroeconomics lecture, utter boredom. Otherwise lots of up and down and scrambling. Tibau really surprised me with his ability to take Stevenson down. Stevenson is freakishly strong. I thought he was going to pop Tibau's head off with the guillotine that ended it.