Quantcast

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
Good lord, Sonnen is an effen weirdo. He wasn't impressive in that fight in any way. I was impressed with Bisping being able to keep the weirdo from layin on him all night long.
I hope Silva makes Sonnen experience his most painful defeat physically. I hope it's similar to the way he demolished Franklin. Give him tons of knees to the face, a crooked nose, and a broken orbital bone.
I hope Silva just makes Sonnen an example of what damage he can truly inflict on an opponent.

Sonnen seriously had the worst interview by Rogan. That was worse than anything Brock could ever come up with and he was a paid actor.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Good lord, Sonnen is an effen weirdo. He wasn't impressive in that fight in any way. I was impressed with Bisping being able to keep the weirdo from layin on him all night long.
I hope Silva makes Sonnen experience his most painful defeat physically. I hope it's similar to the way he demolished Franklin. Give him tons of knees to the face, a crooked nose, and a broken orbital bone.
I hope Silva just makes Sonnen an example of what damage he can truly inflict on an opponent.

Sonnen seriously had the worst interview by Rogan. That was worse than anything Brock could ever come up with and he was a paid actor.

Yeah, after that I take back what I said about Chael being the lesser of two douches... Now Silva is and I wanna see him pound Chael.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Oh... Food for thought. Maybe Chael is jsut super intelligent and is playing the douche card like some sorta WWF pro wrestler. Like the Iron Sheik or Rick Flair... sort of a come pay to see me get my azz beat, as long as you PAY to come see me.

Nate diaz pretty much admitted after the fight to doing the same thing with "cowboy". I think he said something along the lines of, "Hey dude... none of that stuff I said was personal. Was just trying to make for some good TV."

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
WTF?

Did you guys see that crazy calf slicer from Oliveira?
I didn't see it. What is that? I was hoping that kid would have some good luck. After watching him beat Efrain a while back, I knew he was really good. He just hasn't had the best luck.

Chael could be tryin to get more people to watch. BJ does the same thing. It's just that nobody does it as bad as he did. THat didn't make him look like a douche, it made him look like a dipsh!t.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Oh... Food for thought. Maybe Chael is jsut super intelligent and is playing the douche card like some sorta WWF pro wrestler. Like the Iron Sheik or Rick Flair... sort of a come pay to see me get my azz beat, as long as you PAY to come see me.

Nate diaz pretty much admitted after the fight to doing the same thing with "cowboy". I think he said something along the lines of, "Hey dude... none of that stuff I said was personal. Was just trying to make for some good TV."
:stupid:

Only when you BARELY win by decision, I don't think that is the performance you want to hype up. :rofl:

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I think he does it on purpose but it kinda comes easy to him because he is a douche. I've never seen him out of character.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
I didn't see it. What is that?
Not easy to describe. First time I have ever seen that sub. If you are not familiar with the a bicep slicer it will not make much sense.

It started with a leg lock attempt then when Wisely rolled to escape he gave his back. Oliveria took his back but somehow still had the leg triangled between his legs. This flexed....

oh forget it here's the vid, just fix the (dot) in the link:

http://www.mmashareforum(dot)com/serious-mma-videos-f35/oliveira-vs-wisely-t51791.html

Dude has some high level BJJ skills. Looks like it's a variation on the "chave de panturrilha". Slick combo for the leg lock/heel hook attempt.

Last edited:

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
Pretty slick. I love seeing guys with BJJ skills actually using them instead of laying there. Legs are always in the air. Grab one and knee bar that shizzle!

Rafael Dos Anos did that to TYson Griffin a long time ago, but Griffin didn't tap out. It wasn't as tight.

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
Ah yes, very funny. :op

So, I read some stuff on Sherdog about the upcoming main event. They think Condit is going to beat Diaz. What do you guys think? I think it should be an awesome fight, but I haven't seen Condit fight enough to know if he can handle Diaz. Diaz is for real. That dude never slows down.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I want to see Diaz beat GSP, I think it would be awesome and finally mix up that weight class. Diaz is as well rounded as anyone.

I don't think Condit can beat GSP.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
Condit fought a smart fight against a super dangerous dude, very Machida like. Well deserved win. And Diaz says he's retiring... good. I cant stand that prick, his brother either.

On the other fights... Koshcheck... meh. Nelson needs to just go vegan for 6 months.. he'd be tough at LHW and unstopable at MW.

A-NON-A

Chimp
May 4, 2010
Inland Empire, Ca
The Judging in the Condit/Diaz fight was horrific. I cant stand Diaz and think that Condit fought smart/stuck to his game plan but he ran all fight. He was not the aggressor nor did he push the action and Diaz had the hardest shots, closest fight ending moments .... I had this fight 3 rounds to 2 Diaz.

GSP hasn't finished a fight in ages and if Condit employs the same type of strategy its going to be a 5 round snore fest.... NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO IT.

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
I thought the fight was good. Finally someone didn't get sucked into the DIaz slugfest that nobody can win. DIaz has smoked some of the best strikers with his strategy. Since Carlos isn't one of those guys, he fought smart and brought the right weapons. Diaz should've been smart about it and not left it up to the judges. His ground game is scary, and he waited too long to utilize it. Sore loser. If he'd use his ground game along with his slugging, he could be the best in the weight class. He just doesn't use his brain as much as he uses his mouth and ego.
Good on Condit. He countered and connected with more strikes than Diaz. He was more busy and won it in my eyes too. Diaz just followed him around, talking trash and raising his hands instead of fighting. Diaz couldn't figure out how to fight someone that actually wouldn't get sucked into his game.

Carlos and GSP isn't going to be that great unless Condit attacks and attacks from the bottom. It's a good thing he's really good at BJJ because he's going to need it for the lay n pray that will be coming from GSP.

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
Good clip. I personally can't remember the details of the first two rounds. I just know that the whole time they were fighting, I thought Condit was barely ahead in points until the 5th round. That would suck for him to have to fight Diaz again. I think there would be a different outcome.

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
Hellafornia. Formerly stumptown.
Even stupider, professional athletes using substances the commission and/or fed's define as illegal.

One could argue that pot would potentially calm one opponent where his nerves might have reacted differently, thus making it a performance enhancer.

dhmike

Turbo Monkey
Dec 20, 2006
Boise Idaho
My predictions for tonight Edgar and bader for the wins . I want my boy rampage to beat bader but I think bader will catch rampage with a lucky shot for the ko .

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
Wow, I can't believe that Kampman pulled that one off. He was getting worked. THat's got to suck to lose with less than a minute to go when you're putting the hurt on someone.

THose 125 guys are crazy fast. I'm surprised the little white guy didn't win that fight.

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
I'm not surprised either. He was always pretty ripped and lanky, but didn't seem like he'd be able to put on that much bulk, ever.