Quantcast

Batman

Monkey
May 20, 2002
Mississauga
I call shenanigans. I wanna see the xray of this "broken" arm. MMA fighters get some nasty, sick injuries, but are also prone to "my spleen flew across the ring and out under a chair...I swear!" bs lies at times too.

Franklin seems legit and all, but a broken arm?
Wha? I dont get it...why is hard to believe he broke his arm?

He did. It's broken. It's official. In a cast for 8 weeks.

Pat Barry also broke his hand and foot against crop cop...Also for real.

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
that's the suck , i always liked jardine he wasn't a sh*t talker and would fight anybody with short notice sometimes . i hope he starts winning fights and makes it back to the ufc .
Co Sign, but I think hes over his prime and I personally dont want him to become a sacrificial lam for the up and coming guys...

Lesnar v. Carwin. Discuss. I am pulling for Carwin.
Lesnar isnt my favorite fighter, but the man is a beast and fully deserves to be the ruling HW champion no matter what his personality is or the way he fights.
2 men enter a cage and if Lesnar comes out on top he deserves the win.
Hes definitely one of the most effective heavyweights at this moment in time and thats what counts.
This is also why HW isnt my favorite weight class in MMA...

Carwin will have to be on the top of his game to stop Brock but I definitly think hes got a chance.

Hunter

Monkey
Sep 14, 2006
The Right coast
My hope is that Carwin knocks Lesner out in the first 30 seconds. But I believe we'll see Lesner easily taking Carwin down and eventually grinding him into the mat. But this isn't happening for a bit...Fedor fights tomorrow night, I'm betting his matchup with Werdum is much more entertaining. And I really hope Scott Smith can do this again to Le.

Nice Franklin vid...ouch.

Last edited:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
as much as people don't like lesgnar for whatever reason, they seem to neglect the fact that he's a gamer, and he's now had 2.5 years or whatever to train in BJJ. So while dude A or B may have had an advantage previously, that's going to go out the window pretty fast.

Retardless, I'd like to see somebody give him a challenge.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Carwin. I think it will be a 3:00 bar brawl with either or both half dead on the mat.

barf. can we be done with chris the "cuddler" leben?
He's a redneck from Gresham, OR. He trained out of Couture's camp in Gresham before TUF. He sucked then, he sucks now. I have no idea why that meat puppet still gets fights.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
Carwin. I think it will be a 3:00 bar brawl with either or both half dead on the mat.

He's a redneck from Gresham, OR. He trained out of Couture's camp in Gresham before TUF. He sucked then, he sucks now. I have no idea why that meat puppet still gets fights.
I cant say that he has a lot of talent, but his record isn't crappy. Has a good chin and fairly heavy hands, thats good enough to beat a lot of people.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
i love lesnar and his zainy antics. all carwin has is a punchers chance, otherwise lesnar will crush him. also it would be bad for the sport if carwin wins
Why would it be bad for MMA if an unbeaten dude (Shane Carwin is 12-0) successfully defends his interim title against a bad actor with a 4-1 record?

<edit>
I cant say that he has a lot of talent, but his record isn't crappy. Has a good chin and fairly heavy hands, thats good enough to beat a lot of people.
He's a piss poor brawler at best. Yes, he can take a punch (unless it's from Anderson Silva :rofl: ) but he gasses 2 minutes into the first round and has no plan other than to hope one of his hay makers lands.

He's like Butterbean without the personality.

Last edited:

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
i love lesnar and his zainy antics. all carwin has is a punchers chance, otherwise lesnar will crush him. also it would be bad for the sport if carwin wins
I agree. If he is lucky enough to hit Lesnar in the jaw during the "feel out" process I think he might have a chance. But once Lesnar settles in and takes him down his odds of winning go WAY down. Maybe he can stuff Lesnar's shot... but I highly doubt it.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Why would it be bad for MMA if an unbeaten dude (Shane Carwin is 12-0) successfully defends his interim title against a bad actor with a 4-1 record?
LOL! I also don't get why it would be bad for the sport.

He's a piss poor brawler at best. Yes, he can take a punch (unless it's from Anderson Silva :rofl:) but he gasses 2 minutes into the first round and has no plan other than to hope one of his hay makers lands.
I agree with everything you've said. But his record is 20 and 6, that's all I'm sayin.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I agree with everything you've said. But his record is 20 and 6, that's all I'm sayin.
Damn, that is pretty good. It just seems like every time I have watched him fight (I usually leave the room) he loses.

A buddy of mine knew him from way back (I think they went to high school together or something) and said he's always been a complete tool. I know he has changed gyms a number of times because nobody can stand him for very long.

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
I think that it would be bad for the sport if Lesnar keeps winning, unless Lesnar improves his MMA skill hes just a big (but fast) guy with a very solid wrestling background.
MMA is supposed to be a lot more effective then just wrestling...

Also, fighting is not just about training, raw talent will get you a long way so "part time" isnt THAT big of a deal i think.

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
I'm hoping Carwin flattens that big mouthed Rastler. It sucks that Brock came into the scene with size being his biggest advantage on everybody. He doesn't have that advantage with Carwin. Carwin is a strong dude too. Did you see how he just stood up when Gonzaga took him to the ground? It was like he wasn't even being held down. He also waltzed with Mir pretty easily to put him against the cage. Mir isn't small. I'm thinking it'll be Carwin, round 1, TKO. He should be going in there and trying to finish fast so they don't have to take it to later rounds. If he goes in and takes Brock down, Brock will be done for good. Brock hasn't fought anybody like Carwin. Carwin is a guy that almost mirrors Brock in size and stature, as well as style. It's going to be a crazy fight. I'd like to see Carwin win just because he's so humble.
If he wins, it won't be bad for the sport. It'll just show the rest of the guys in the world that even people that can't train full time can actually make is somewhere in MMA. You don't have to give up your life to fight.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
part time mma fighter winning a major league mma belt, and he also has no charisma
There was an interview a while back about that. I forget who they were talking to, but they made the comment that "nobody in MMA trains full time" so the fact that he can hold a job AND train just means he's better at time management.

I know Chuck (when he was winning) said he didn't train full time until about 2 months before the fight. So if you fight 3 times a year, WTF are you doing the other 6 months?

I know Lesnar plays Rocky 3 chopping wood in the snow and sh!t.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
from what ive seen, brock is way bigger then carwin
Lesnar cuts from about 270 to 265, Carwin walks around at 260. I don't think there is a big difference from 260 to 270. Rumor is Lesnar was 275ish when he fought Couture. If Carwin is at least 260, I don't think size will be an issue.

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
Carwin and Mir both weighed in at 265 when they fought. Carwin has been 265 for a long time. I'm pretty sure that Brock will take anybody down, doesn't matter who it is. I'm sure that Carwin could do the same. Carwin is the only guy with hands bigger than Brock's. I'm thinking he's going to feed Brock a knuckle sammich that'll give that flat topped mofo a wake-up call. Besides, who has Brock beat? Mir, that's about it. He also lost to him a while back. His record barely exists. He beat Herring and Couture when he weighed 220. Wow. We'll see how he does against some real competition. When Brock beat Mir, Mir did the same thing he did against Carwin. He waited too long instead of panicking and getting the eff out while he could. You can't buy time against those two big boys.

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
Go Carwin!
I wonder who the winner of this fight is going to be lined up with when they win? Cain?

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I honestly just want to at least see Carwin make a fight out of it. While I agree that Brock is a big ****er, I haven't seen much in the way of skill or technique in the Mir or Coture fight. I didn't see his fight against the redneck (not Coture, the other redneck).

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
Rooting for Shane aswell, even though Brock will definitly earn my respect if he beats him...
Shane has a heavy hand and good takedown defense but I havent seem him fight from his guard that much, and Brock can destroy allmost anyone on the ground I think.
But yeah a good fight tonight is whats really important, after that it doesnt matter who comes out on top.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
found it on the internet.....tvuplayer....channel 79482

and....shut down.

Last edited: