Quantcast

ugh, should i sell a bike?

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
i have given up on trying to get a wrenching job here. i've wasted too much time trying to get a job as a wrench, and am now strapped for money.

i'm already going to be putting my fixie up for sale because a) it doesn't get ridden, and b) i am strapped for rent money. i figure it will bring me $200 (likely more, but i like to underestimate)...about 2/5ths of my rent + bills.

i'm also thinking about selling my DOC.

it's a badass bike and all, but i use it as a technical trail bike. a rather heavy, SS trail bike. when i got it, i had all these plans to ride it as a street bike, and to hit some tracks out here. it was built to do so. but that just hasn't happened. i ride it as a trail bike. within the next year, i plan on purchasing a FS XC/trail bike, and i will also be moving away from Austin and entering the 'real world'. i really don't see myself riding the DOC as i had intended back in December, nor do i see myself devoting time to anything other than trail riding. i like having a full quiver of bikes, but...i don't know. i don't like clutter.

should i sell it?

manziman

Stubby
Jul 3, 2004
The armpit of San Diego
hrmm...i've only got one bike, good all around Heckler. it's a great DH/XC/Urban ride. just pick a bike and do what you need. If you need $ for bills, just uh...look on craigslist.

HRDTLBRO

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2004
Apt. 421
:stupid:
If the DOC isn't that great a trailbike, and that's the type of riding you do most, why not sell it? You need the cash, too. Pay the rent, find a job, buy new bikes, and all will be well. :thumb:

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
Wumpus said:
I have never sold one of bikes.
really? damn. i'm even considering selling my TX4000 bike. the only bike i will not sell is my Inbred. despite the fact that it's a little on the small side.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Sell it to me, then when you figure out you want it back, i'll sell it back to you for profit :D

if you see yourself never riding it for your intended purpose, and you are getting another bike for the same thing you are doing with this one, I'd say sell it. BUT, if you ever see yourself riding it for your intended purpose, keep it. Even if that could be 6 mos away.

my 2 cents

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
sometimes you gotta do what ya gotta do.. but if there is doubt in your mind then dont, cause once its gone.. its gone

J

JRB

johnbryanpeters said:
Sell. There are more bikes in the world than you can ride.

J
Thanks for not saying "then". I hate that. You are my new hero, jbp. :thumb:

J

JRB

the Inbred said:
really? damn. i'm even considering selling my TX4000 bike. the only bike i will not sell is my Inbred. despite the fact that it's a little on the small side.
yeh - you kinda tied yourself to the inbred. :think:

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
i could never sell my Inbred. cheapest bike i have ever bought, and it's lasted the longest. it's been in a magazine, too.

i've been meaning to change my handle to "-dustin" but never get around to it. perhaps RM will read this and do it for me.

by the way, can i request some PBR for the tires? i don't know what cheap beer you had in mind, but PBR is about as cheap as i can go.