Quantcast

Ugly Bike Design Contest.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
bomberboy11 said:
If I had a picture of an old school Mountain Cycle Shockwave, that would be up here in a second.
If only there was some sort of new fangled, fancy way to search for a photo!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
MunkeeHucker said:
Post what you think is Ugly, Heres my entree

You've been following that thread too huh - can you imagine having a custom frame built for you, waiting forever to get it from Dean, have that show up at your front door, throw photos of it up on the internet and just get railed with criticism. UGH!

That has gotta be the most poorly executed 29er I've ever seen though that's for sure. And it probably cost the guy a pretty penny.

He still hasn't answered the 64,000 question either. I wonder if the Reba clears the downtube.

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
MMcG said:
You've been following that thread too huh - can you imagine having a custom frame built for you, waiting forever to get it from Dean, have that show up at your front door, throw photos of it up on the internet and just get railed with criticism. UGH!

That has gotta be the most poorly executed 29er I've ever seen though that's for sure. And it probably cost the guy a pretty penny.

He still hasn't answered the 64,000 question either. I wonder if the Reba clears the downtube.
link?

beestiboy

Monkey
May 21, 2005
Merded, ca
This was our senior project when I was at Chico State. Yeah its ugly but it has a Cdplayer w/12in sub onbaord. With the electric motor we hit 42 mph without brakes we were afraid to go faster.(didnt have the regen setup at the time)

Angus

Jack Ass Pen Goo Win
Oct 15, 2004
South Bend
MMcG said:

Yeah poor guy, I'd be mad as hell if my custom looked like that, I would be ashamed and afraid to ride it, I will most definitly cross Dean off my list of quality Frame companies, to allow that to be made is just wrong.....

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT

Nice huffy style front-end :oink: Why didn't they keep the design in line with the rest of the Maestro line...

sam_little

Monkey
May 18, 2003
Portland, OR

My first "good" mountain bike. Served its purpose for about 4 years, but unfortunately the elastomers were as hard as rocks after the first two years.

I like the sunday to, i was just looking for some people to call me crazy, and get all pu$$yhurt.:mumble: :p
but for real, as far as ugly goes' go to the GIANT site, and pick any of their DH/freeride bikes.

what I wouldn't do for one of those sick hardtails with the 12" super monster, 55deg HA, 24" wheels, and 25" wheelbase, those are sweet......

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
wingman24 said:
I like the sunday to, i was just looking for some people to call me crazy, and get all pu$$yhurt.:mumble: :p
Well not everyone likes neon colors either :D