Quantcast

uh oh someone got a dh bike

G-spot

Monkey
May 3, 2004
Chester,Va.
Congrats on the COVE Peeler,Welcome to the Cove club I have a G-spot. Look forward to hearing your review on the bike after a couple rides?You and jayridedsacove along with me are the only people that I know of in VA to have COVES, WE ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
ok its new and i got it through working at a bike shop, so i can't tell ya the price on line. it appears to be an 05 but i think its really an 06. cant really tell because they have not changes that much over the years. the only diff in between the 05 and the 06 seems to be the bb width and mines a 68mm. also from all the picture that i can tell its an 06 as well. i think that the 2005's had the cove name cnc'ed into the upper shock mount and the 2006's don't. also if there is a diff in between them its small at best.

back on track. its not going to be built light as i don't want it to break on me. one of the reasons that i got the frame in the first place. the wheels are some burly ones.

damn that is not that many people ridding coves in this area. i thought that there would have been more seeing that they have been around forever it seems like.

i will give a review when i can but i will not be able to give a real review for quite some time seeing that the slopes are closed.

also ralph told me that you would be jealous. as i know that you have a cove as well/

G-spot

Monkey
May 3, 2004
Chester,Va.
also ralph told me that you would be jealous. as i know that you have a cove as well/

Just a little, and hope to see it in action this summer!!
You got the part about being tough right I've had my cove from 02 and put it through hell and still going strong!

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
yep. i hope to be out on the slopes quite a it this summer. it will probably start with wintergreen then go to mass-o-nothing. then later on probably go to snowshoe a fair amount

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
the first post +

[/IMG]

=

[/IMG]

its soo close to being done. once again though the manufactures fail at their own parts. the brakes are not bleed right and i think the oil in the fork has to be changed. also need to lube up the rear shock good. well atleast i know the wheels are good because i built them, hehe.

julianday0

Chimp
Mar 17, 2007
have you weighed that thing yet?
it looks pretty darn nice by the way. also, I wouldn't lube that shock. give it some time to break in first

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
yes mike i know i known for the burly hardtail but i just cant do the amount of dh i want to do this year on one. i have been thinking about getting a true dh bike for the past year or now and the time presented itself so i jumped on it. i need to order a bb for the bike as i had part of mine break. i'm actually considering replace the whole cranks because of the chain line.

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
its official. its complete and it weight in at just 45.54lbs. i though that it was going to weight more because i didn't look for light parts at all just strong good ones. also the frame w/o shock weights in at a mighty 14 lbs.