Quantcast

uh oh....

Fulton

Monkey
Nov 9, 2001
nice fork. The VF is the model with the cheaper SSV damping, correct?
2 questions, is this OEM only, and will they make one with HSCV?
Also, Scott has some sick, sick bikes in the line up this year.

sleepinggiant

Monkey
Jul 9, 2004
San Jose, CA
Looks like an OEM fork because I havent seen that anywhere on the Marzocchi site. It'll be interesting to compare the A-C heights of that and the 203mm Travis.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
mtnbrider said:
Oh thats crazy, is that more than the travis?
Nope. Travis is 203mm.

The prototype Rockshox was also claimed to be ~200mm.

Seriously, at that length, RS and Zoke must either be using Aermet for their steerers, or they should suck it up and go 1.5".

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
...I gotta admit I hated the way the new long travel single-crown forks looked, but after thinking about it - they really are ideal for freeride. Even if they look like forks designed by Urkel from Family Matters, you can hit big drops, do X-ups (BTW, ever since they started putting this trick in print -like circa 1986 Freestylin' magazine- using short-hand instead of spelling the whole thing, people have sounded like douchebags saying it. They're called CROSS-ups, because your arms cross each other...NOT "X-ups"...) and who knows, maybe even tailwhips - I just say a hydraulic gyro proto so - who knows?

Sir_Crackien said:
a hydro gyro all ready exsits. i have seen it, but i don't know who makes it. also it only worked ok.
Yeah a buddy of mine down in Berkeley, well he and his twin brother actually, had a working prototype they showed around at Interbike last year. I think they had it pretty much buttoned up function wise, they were just trying to find someone interested in bringing it to market.

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
S.K.C. said:
. (BTW, ever since they started putting this trick in print -like circa 1986 Freestylin' magazine- using short-hand instead of spelling the whole thing, people have sounded like douchebags saying it. They're called CROSS-ups, because your arms cross each other...NOT "X-ups"...)
i think your the only one who really cares. plus x-up sounds better imo :D

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
lovebunny:
i think your the only one who really cares. plus x-up sounds better imo :D
...I know - but after hearing it the right way, and then hearing all these ESPN announcers on X-Games who don't really know or care much about the sport say stuff like that - it just pisses me off.

...and NO you may NOT lick my balls.
:D